Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Summon using keyfob only works < 5 feet (after MCU2/AP3 update)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi- I'm having this strange problem on my Tesla model X, and was wondering if anyone else has experienced it. This only starting to happen after I got the MCU2 and AP3 upgrade.

In the past, I was able to press and hold the middle button of the keyfob from around 15-20 feet away and the yellow lights would start flashing. Once this happens, I can press the bottom button of the keyfob and the Tesla would slowly back out of my garage.

Now, if I press the button from 15-20 feet away, I can hear the car turn on, but no flashing yellow lights (so summon won't work if I press the back button). The flashing lights only come up when I'm standing < 5 feet from the car. Also, I replaced the battery, rebooted the car, and powered down the car and it still happens. I'm on FW 2020.28.6. In addition, the summon never works anymore from the Tesla App. The error message I get from the Tesla App is always, "Summon Failed Summon cannot be started at this time". I tested this at home, the local park, grocery store, at work, at my children's daycare parking lot. Before, it would always work in these locations.

Hi All,

You do not mention the level of software in your phones and whether iPhone or Android...
A quick thing to try is delete the phone software and add it back, try the function again...
It has worked many times for me.

Good luck,

Shawn

PS - My iPhone software is currently 3.10.7

I have the same problem. I can sometimes get it to work with the key fob standing right next to it. It never works from the app and i get the summon failed error. I had the service center check it out and they said no problem found even though it didn't work with the key for them either. They just said summon sometimes doesn't work due to the ground not being flat or "other conditions." My Model 3 works fine in the same conditions.

have you tried checking the summon distance in the car settings. maybe it was changed

Attachments

• summon.jpg
    summon.jpg
    33.7 KB · Views: 88
  • Disagree
Reactions: ABC2D