Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

SUMMON wants to backup Model S75 into partially opened garage door.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have reported this to Tesla but I am wondering if anyone else has this problem. My garage door is the kind that rolls up. The garage door opener works with HomeLink. The HomeLink settings for my Tesla Model S75 include the options to automatically open and close. So here is the situation. The car is in Park inside the garage. From outside the car I press the appropriate buttons on the fob key and two things happen: the garage door begins to open and the car begins too backup. But the garage door does not have time enough to open completely. I have to manually abort the Summon to prevent the Model S from backing into the partially opened garage door. But if I manually open the garage door before initializing the Summon, the car backs out off, and into the garage flawlessly. So its not a big deal. But the Owner's Manual says that Summons is suppose to open the door and then back the car out. Or am I reading it wrong?

The integration with homelink ins't really fine-tuned since the car doesn't know the status of the door. Personally I don't use homelink with summon...it's just too risky. The parking sensors are on the bumper so if the door is above that (i.e hatch level) the car won't be able to sense it.

The integration with homelink ins't really fine-tuned since the car doesn't know the status of the door. Personally I don't use homelink with summon...it's just too risky. The parking sensors are on the bumper so if the door is above that (i.e hatch level) the car won't be able to sense it.

UPDATE. Going back to the setup menu for SUMMON, and the sub menu for HOMELINK, I deleted everything and set it up again. Now it works perfectly 9 out of 10 times and I ALWAYS use it to back my car out of the garage, while keeping my finger on the key fob to abort the process when things go bad. I also like to use it to show off.