Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Summon will not stop on backing out of garage

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi all,

New MX owner. Summon in its current form works reasonably well, parking in the garage but I have yet to get it to back out successfully using the single tap command (Reverse) . Each time I try, it completes the homelink command and backs out but it will not stop on its own.. I have to stop it. I also receive a dialog on my iPhone XS Max (iOS 13) that says Summon was cancelled due to the proximity sensor was covered on my phone. I don't have a case for it so that doesn't make sense. Anyway one else?

Attachments

• summonimage.jpg
    summonimage.jpg
    45.8 KB · Views: 87
Regarding the "will not stop," summon goes for the max distance you set it to go for unless you stop it or it encounters an obstacle (like the wall when pulling into the garage), so it sounds like it is working as expected. You should be able to change the max summon distance to get it to stop closer to your garage door after backing out. As for the proximity sensor warning, I'm not familiar with that phone, so can't help much there, but any chance your hands are getting I front of any cameras?

Hi all,

New MX owner. Summon in its current form works reasonably well, parking in the garage but I have yet to get it to back out successfully using the single tap command (Reverse) . Each time I try, it completes the homelink command and backs out but it will not stop on its own.. I have to stop it. I also receive a dialog on my iPhone XS Max (iOS 13) that says Summon was cancelled due to the proximity sensor was covered on my phone. I don't have a case for it so that doesn't make sense. Anyway one else?
I have iOS 13 and back-out is set to maximum distance and it has always stopped in same spot.

old |v2019.32.1|AP2,MCU1,PUP|
new |v2019.32.2.2|AP2,MCU1,PUP|

Yes. Pressing the fob works as expected. It’s only on backing out of garage. It opens the garage door, backs out but won’t stop (if continuous press is turned off like I mentioned) I have to stop it manually. And it doesn’t seem to matter the summon range.