TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Summon will not stop on backing out of garage

Discussion in 'Model X' started by webfeet, Sep 23, 2019.

1. webfeet

webfeet Member

Hi all,

New MX owner. Summon in its current form works reasonably well, parking in the garage but I have yet to get it to back out successfully using the single tap command (Reverse) . Each time I try, it completes the homelink command and backs out but it will not stop on its own.. I have to stop it. I also receive a dialog on my iPhone XS Max (iOS 13) that says Summon was cancelled due to the proximity sensor was covered on my phone. I don't have a case for it so that doesn't make sense. Anyway one else?

Attached Files:

2. mxnym

mxnym Member

Regarding the "will not stop," summon goes for the max distance you set it to go for unless you stop it or it encounters an obstacle (like the wall when pulling into the garage), so it sounds like it is working as expected. You should be able to change the max summon distance to get it to stop closer to your garage door after backing out. As for the proximity sensor warning, I'm not familiar with that phone, so can't help much there, but any chance your hands are getting I front of any cameras?

3. BigMskiman

BigMskiman Active Member

I have iOS 13 and back-out is set to maximum distance and it has always stopped in same spot.

old |v2019.32.1|AP2,MCU1,PUP|
    new |v2019.32.2.2|AP2,MCU1,PUP|

4. webfeet

webfeet Member

I have tried setting it to 10, 15 and 20 feet and every case it just doesn't want to stop. I'm stumped. Not sure about my hands but I will pay attention to that on my next attempt. Thanks!

5. BigMskiman

BigMskiman Active Member

If you press any fob button (like top), it should stop, does it? Are you using fob to summons, I only do it this way, phone method not practical.

6. webfeet

webfeet Member

Yes. Pressing the fob works as expected. It’s only on backing out of garage. It opens the garage door, backs out but won’t stop (if continuous press is turned off like I mentioned) I have to stop it manually. And it doesn’t seem to matter the summon range.

7. BigMskiman

BigMskiman Active Member

OK, then the only difference is I don't use homelink feature.

8. webfeet

webfeet Member

oh ok.. well i can try that as well but having the MX open the garage door as part of Summon is pretty much a feature requirement.

9. macacovelho

macacovelho 2018 X100D

Webfeet, same thing happens to me. Summon works with Homelink, opens the garage, comes out, but won't stop. I have to manually stop it. I also tried changing the max distance to 10,15,20 feet, to no avail..

10. BigMskiman

BigMskiman Active Member

If homelink were the root cause, then I'd consider enabling it because I'm in a court and would welcome a much longer exit out the garage and would stop-car-by-fob.

11. webfeet

webfeet Member

I will test it without Homelink tonight and see what happens,.