Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Summon with automation with Home Assistant or similar, possible?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi my goal is to make an automation that at 8:00am (for example does the following:
set a internal temperature of the Tesla, open the garage door, moves the Tesla out of the garage, opens the front gate moves the car outside of the house.
Currently I have the automation on the garage door and the front gate hadled by Home Assistant, and works perfectly. Now I will receive my Tesla Model S in days and wish to make full use of its software possibilities.

Anyone did something similar? API available for Summon?

Hi my goal is to make an automation that at 8:00am (for example does the following:
set a internal temperature of the Tesla, open the garage door, moves the Tesla out of the garage, opens the front gate moves the car outside of the house.
Currently I have the automation on the garage door and the front gate hadled by Home Assistant, and works perfectly. Now I will receive my Tesla Model S in days and wish to make full use of its software possibilities.

Anyone did something similar? API available for Summon?

Would suggest at a minimum watching through a window. Not while in the shower or making a latte.
Screenshot_20201024-083009.png
Screenshot_20201024-082806.png

Reactions: tranzndance
You haven't gotten your car so you haven't witnessed it make unexpected maneuvers when you let your guard down. This especially happens when there are other witnesses. Please heed the warnings and avoid turning into one of those people who complain that their car crashed because they didn't heed the warnings or they overestimated the capabilities of the car.

Reactions: outdoors
You haven't gotten your car so you haven't witnessed it make unexpected maneuvers when you let your guard down. This especially happens when there are other witnesses. Please heed the warnings and avoid turning into one of those people who complain that their car crashed because they didn't heed the warnings or they overestimated the capabilities of the car.
Ok, so I guess is not so intelligen, yet, after all

Ok, noted the Tesla warning.

But why is needed that? Doesn't already have all anti-collision software? The car would/could move at super slow speed (and I don't have anything hanging from the ceiling in my garage)
Can't avoid a collision with an object you can't see. Tesla in effect is stating it doesn't have a full 360-degree view of its surroundings in all axes so if it runs over your pet or gouges your rims on a curb or whatever, the blame is on you.

Can't avoid a collision with an object you can't see. Tesla in effect is stating it doesn't have a full 360-degree view of its surroundings in all axes so if it runs over your pet or gouges your rims on a curb or whatever, the blame is on you.

I see, I guess its a matter of avoiding lawsuits from customers. My pets are big and will not sit behind the car.

To me this could be changed: also my automatic external door gate are dangerous if someone stays in between them, but they move at a slow speed and no human nor pet wil have problem with it. With a car (at very slow speed) is the same thing

Yes, the car goes at very slow speed. It also moves in ways that a gate doesn't, so it could get damaged by or damage immovable structures.

An immovable structure is definetely well visible.

I am not in favour notragainst Tesla autopilot system, but the answers I read here make no sense, technically

A working (even unattended) autopilot can get a car out of a garage without accidents: PERIOD

An immovable structure is definetely well visible.

I am not in favour notragainst Tesla autopilot system, but the answers I read here make no sense, technically

A working (even unattended) autopilot can get a car out of a garage without accidents: PERIOD
Yes, it doesn't make sense technically. It still doesn't negate the fact that I saw my car make a maneuver that made me abort Summon. I wasn't curious enough to let it continue the maneuver. The car was in a carport, which I'd consider immovable.

If what you say is true, then tsimply the autopilot is still very buggy, a beta product if not an alpha
Yes, Tesla is very upfront about it being beta. It has gotten better over the years.

WARNING: Summon is a BETA feature. You must continually monitor the vehicle and its surroundings and stay prepared to take immediate action at any time. It is the driver's responsibility to use Summon safely, responsibly, and as intended.
WARNING: Summon's performance depends on the ability of the ultrasonic sensors to determine the vehicle's proximity to objects, people, animals, and other vehicles.

I haven’t ever written anything up, though I suppose I could. Do you have Control4?
I have Home Assistant which has a Tesla integration
Tesla

which I visited now, did not know it had it, so I guess I have it too

This integration provides the following platforms:

• Binary sensors - such as update available, parking, and charger connection.
  • Sensors - such as Battery level, Inside/Outside temperature, odometer, estimated range, and charging rate.
  • Device tracker - to track location of your car
  • Lock - Door lock, rear trunk lock, front trunk (frunk) lock and charger door lock. Enables you to control Tesla’s door, trunks and charger door lock
  • Climate - HVAC control. Allow you to control (turn on/off, set target temperature) your Tesla’s HVAC system. Also enables preset modes to enable or disable max defrost mode defrost or normal operation mode.
  • Switch - Charger and max range switch to allow you to start/stop charging and set max range charging. Update switch to allow you to disable polling of vehicles to conserve battery. Sentry mode switch to enable or disable Sentry mode.