Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Summon with iphone?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I updated my iPhone app and in the What's new notes, it says you should be able to summon your vehicle. Saw someone on this forum vaguely mention that they used their phone. I've looked through my iPhone app and can't find any type of command that will allow me to use the phone instead of the keyfob.

Anyone know if this really is an option or is the keyfob the only way to activate Summon?

I updated my iPhone app and in the What's new notes, it says you should be able to summon your vehicle. Saw someone on this forum vaguely mention that they used their phone. I've looked through my iPhone app and can't find any type of command that will allow me to use the phone instead of the keyfob.

Anyone know if this really is an option or is the keyfob the only way to activate Summon?
it should be worth noting that the other alleged feature for the app update is also missing (my guess is they submitted an older version for approval instead of the latest one with the new features): v7.1 Feature MISSING?!

I updated my iPhone app and it does say the latest update supports Summon and notifications in the app shows Summon fails etc, but still can't figure out how to use the app to Summon car
image.png
image.png

I just pulled my car out of the garage from inside my house (about 100 feet away from the car). I have cameras in the garage & the driveway so I could see everything. The secret to use the iPhone app (when not near the car) is to START the car first, then summon it. Pretty cool.