TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Summon with iphone?

Discussion in 'Model S' started by luvnMyTS, Jan 12, 2016.

1. luvnMyTS

luvnMyTS Member

I updated my iPhone app and in the What's new notes, it says you should be able to summon your vehicle. Saw someone on this forum vaguely mention that they used their phone. I've looked through my iPhone app and can't find any type of command that will allow me to use the phone instead of the keyfob.

Anyone know if this really is an option or is the keyfob the only way to activate Summon?

2. msnow

msnow Active Member

Yes, you need the 7.1 update on your car and you and your fob must be in close proximity to work.

3. luvnMyTS

luvnMyTS Member

I have 7.1. Was in close proximity to the car. What I can't figure out is how, on the iPhone app, to send the command to summon the car? I don't see any options to do so within the app itself?

4. msnow

msnow Active Member

It's a button on one of the screens. I'm updating now so I'll know more later.

5. tanner

tanner Active Member

it should be worth noting that the other alleged feature for the app update is also missing (my guess is they submitted an older version for approval instead of the latest one with the new features): v7.1 Feature MISSING?!

6. msnow

msnow Active Member

Technically it does that (open close garage door) from what I'm reading here.

7. tanner

tanner Active Member

Click on the link. You're supposed to be able to trigger it from your app so you can open it without a keypad for instance.

8. msnow

msnow Active Member

I see what you're saying now. Will test in the morning.

9. McHoffa

McHoffa Member

Hope by the time I've got a car, I can summon on the Apple Watch, with Siri

"Hey Siri, pull my car out front and cool to 70°"

10. msnow

msnow Active Member

It works.

11. TTT

TTT Member

I updated my iPhone app and it does say the latest update supports Summon and notifications in the app shows Summon fails etc, but still can't figure out how to use the app to Summon car
    image.png image.png

12. TTT

TTT Member

Oh, looks like you can't initiate Summon from the iPhone app? This came up after I initiated with key fob
    image.png

13. tezzla

tezzla Member

I just pulled my car out of the garage from inside my house (about 100 feet away from the car). I have cameras in the garage & the driveway so I could see everything. The secret to use the iPhone app (when not near the car) is to START the car first, then summon it. Pretty cool.