Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Summon with key fob suddenly not working

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Came home from a trip to Vegas yesterday and put the car in the garage with the summon feature using the key fob. Worked fine. Two hours later, I went for a short trip, returned home and found the feature no longer worked using the key fob. The IOS app on my iPhone still works fine. Tried using my wife's fob and it was also unresponsive.

Looked at the settings this morning and noticed the 'Customize' option, when pressed brings up the 'Continuous Press Required' tab, but it's now grayed out with a note saying 'Continuous Press required in this region'. That's fine, except it's not working at all.

Has there been a sudden upgrade which is preventing the fob from activating the feature?

My car was in service overnight and picked it up yesterday. Noticed that I couldn't use summon on the key fob when I got home so I went into the settings and saw that continuous press was on. Turned it off and the key fob resumed working. Was not greyed out for me and I'm also in So. CA.

Came home from a trip to Vegas yesterday and put the car in the garage with the summon feature using the key fob. Worked fine. Two hours later, I went for a short trip, returned home and found the feature no longer worked using the key fob. The IOS app on my iPhone still works fine. Tried using my wife's fob and it was also unresponsive.

Looked at the settings this morning and noticed the 'Customize' option, when pressed brings up the 'Continuous Press Required' tab, but it's now grayed out with a note saying 'Continuous Press required in this region'. That's fine, except it's not working at all.

Has there been a sudden upgrade which is preventing the fob from activating the feature?

I noticed something similar to this yesterday. I'm a new Model S owner, so yesterday I decided to play with summon in my driveway before heading out to get dinner (that is normal right? :D ). I know I had summon customized for tight spaces and do not require continuous press because I'd used it a few days before and set it up that way to work in my garage with the fob. When it didn't work I checked the "customize" button, and the continuous press option is required again, and the option to change it is greyed out.

I am in Canada and I don't have the option in the dash settings. I always have to use continuous press and the fob doesn't work. I can only summon through the phone. This has a few issues:
- The phone is really slow and requires round trip to the internet and back to the car. Doesn't connect 25% of the time and takes a long time 50% of the time.
- The key fob is still necessary and needs to be within 5 feet of the car. I literally have to walk with the car to keep it from stopping.

I hope this restriction is relaxed at some point, it really makes summon much less useful.

Same issue here on a new (from inventory) 100D.

Multiple MCU and IC reboots has not resolved the lockout. A phone call to the SC also went nowhere. The tech said he'd escalate the problem up the chain, do some more research, and get back to me.

Same issue here on a new (from inventory) 100D.

Multiple MCU and IC reboots has not resolved the lockout. A phone call to the SC also went nowhere. The tech said he'd escalate the problem up the chain, do some more research, and get back to me.
I assume "Require continuous press" is turned off? Summon from the fob won't work until it is.

I just started getting this problem yesterday. Key fob not working. Double tap park to summon on exit not working. Continuous press option greyed out with yes. And says required in region.
Reboot panel and screen not working. App works.
GPS on car normal.