Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Summon

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I think the Model S will need to have at least parking sensors to prevent running into things. But they did not have software controlled brakes until they offered AutoPilot (it is an electrically actuated brake system by Bosh), which makes the brake system not able to be controlled by the onboard computer This makes stoping the car very difficult. The parking brake actuator is just on/off.

At least in my car, summon uses not only electrically operated accelerator and brakes, it also uses electrically operated steering as the car will turn left/right as necessary to try and center itself in the parking spot. I don't see how a non-AP equipped car could do summon given how it currently functions.

Reactions: .jg.
At least in my car, summon uses not only electrically operated accelerator and brakes, it also uses electrically operated steering as the car will turn left/right as necessary to try and center itself in the parking spot. I don't see how a non-AP equipped car could do summon given how it currently functions.

I believe pre AP have the steering motors but not the Bosch brakes.

I'll sign the petition! Let's make it available for all! Let's also make FSD available for all cars. Who cares that the hardware isn't there!

*Goes off to take a nap in my 2015 Model S with FSD, wake me up when we get there*