Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Summon

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I didn't elect to purchase the auto driving option but used it occasionally during the trial period. The car is such a pleasure to drive, I elected not to purchase.

I didn't realize that I was going to lose the summon feature when I lost autopilot. I have a tight garage and this feature is useful. Can I purchase Summon separately?

Reactions: Leafdriver333
I didn't elect to purchase the auto driving option but used it occasionally during the trial period. The car is such a pleasure to drive, I elected not to purchase.

I didn't realize that I was going to lose the summon feature when I lost autopilot. I have a tight garage and this feature is useful. Can I purchase Summon separately?
Nope

My garage is roomy but I loved the summon.
I wish I could purchase summon for $500 also.
But not for $6000.

My garage is roomy but I loved the summon.
I wish I could purchase summon for $500 also.
But not for $6000.

Tweet them a bunch about this. They seem to listen to the Twitter sphere. Not saying they definitely will for this but couldn’t hurt.

I see a good argument for a la carte upgrades. They could ultimately get more $$ out of customers this way. Just my 2 cents tho :)

If Elon really was personally testing it last weekend, there’s a good chance it will be furthered delayed. If he tested it extensively I imagine he’ll have come across some problems/limitations that he will push the team to solve before release.

It’s arguably the most complex feature they’ve released thus far in terms of the variability of other cars, people, objects, road markings, etc., and will be the first part of FSD that the public will experience. Gotta get it right.

Is advanced summon really a big deal? How hard is it to walk from the store or restaurant to your car? It seems more like a party trick to me than anything that will be particularly useful. You will use it a few times to show off to friends and then realize it’s silly to wait around for it to drive at 2mph around a parking lot trying to find you.

Reactions: GeoX750 and afadeev
Is advanced summon really a big deal? How hard is it to walk from the store or restaurant to your car? It seems more like a party trick to me than anything that will be particularly useful. You will use it a few times to show off to friends and then realize it’s silly to wait around for it to drive at 2mph around a parking lot trying to find you.

If it's raining like it does in Texas it would be pretty wonderful.

Reactions: Elixir and dmurphy

In bad weather? Oh yeah. It’s a huge deal. I see you’re from SoCal, so the amount of rain you get a year is what we call an “afternoon” :)

Reactions: Elixir
Hopefully the next step after advanced summon will be self parking. It'd be great if you could specify for it to park in the most isolated spot to avoid door dings, etc. Then it'd be like having a valet everywhere you go... but better 'cause you won't have to worry about what the driver is doing with/to your car.

I think Tesla is going to regret the day they release advance summon.

The internet is going to break with videos of confused cars clogging up parking lots and embarrassed owners running to rescue them.

Pulling the car in and out of a spot is entertaining. The car driving across a parking lot will be a disaster.

Sadly it's hard to envision anything other than this, at least in the beginning.