Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Summons and Autopark

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have not gotten delivery notice yet. I have a question. In an earlier vid from Tesla they showed autopark/summons where the guy stopped the car (say at a mall) exited and the car would autonomously go find a place to park. When the guy returned to where the car dropped him off, via smartphone, he could summon the car which would dutifully return to where it left the guy off.

That is radically different than what they show in the vids for the new Model 3 summons / autopark feature.
Are these V1 and V2 features or was that video something more than what Tesla is going to do?
Thanks,
Walt

That video is showing stuff the car doesn't actually do yet

Right now summon doesn't do much more than let you move the car forward/backward at very slow speed using the phone app as long as you're fairly nearby. Useful to pull into or out of a tight space where you can't open the doors, but not a ton else.

Autopark you'll need to be in the car for, and if it correctly recognizes spaces can be a bit hit/miss depending on the type of space.

Thanks! I've seen vids of parallel parking. Does it know how to do perpendicular parking, i.e. back into a space at 90 degree angle, such as in a parking lot. Likely less an issue as it does seem to have a good backup camera. I'm thinking for for nailing equi-distance between to adjacent cars.

That video is showing stuff the car doesn't actually do yet

Right now summon doesn't do much more than let you move the car forward/backward at very slow speed using the phone app as long as you're fairly nearby. Useful to pull into or out of a tight space where you can't open the doors, but not a ton else.

Autopark you'll need to be in the car for, and if it correctly recognizes spaces can be a bit hit/miss depending on the type of space.

Apparently it also turns the wheels to avoid any obstacles steer it into the spot - I didn't think it did that either but I follow a youtube vlogger called iTesla who just published a video demonstrating this on 24.7.

I have not gotten delivery notice yet. I have a question. In an earlier vid from Tesla they showed autopark/summons where the guy stopped the car (say at a mall) exited and the car would autonomously go find a place to park. When the guy returned to where the car dropped him off, via smartphone, he could summon the car which would dutifully return to where it left the guy off.

That is radically different than what they show in the vids for the new Model 3 summons / autopark feature.
Are these V1 and V2 features or was that video something more than what Tesla is going to do?
Thanks,
Walt
I believe this is a future FSD feature, and regulations at federal or state and local government level need to be passed before this can ever be a reality.

i have a 10xxx vin and haven’t gotten the update. requested th svc to push the latest update to me in hopes of addressing my issue with my drivers side drl. well they have a bunch of other things to look at but hoping it’s just a software update that will address my drl issue. we will see next fri

i have a 10xxx vin and haven’t gotten the update. requested th svc to push the latest update to me in hopes of addressing my issue with my drivers side drl. well they have a bunch of other things to look at but hoping it’s just a software update that will address my drl issue. we will see next fri

In another thread, someone posted the Tesla Fi tracker and noted that it is rolling out slower than usual.

See here: TeslaFi.com Firmware Tracker (if it asks you to login just click the Firmware tracker).

Reactions: dek526