Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Summons from Key Fob...

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
People always say this and mine has never been disabled in an update. I set it when I took delivery and it has been enabled since. Weird.

Seems like something gets modified in my setting every time I update. Couple updates ago it was "auto lane change." After several failed attempts at a lane change, I looked and sure enough.. it was off. No one touched the settings after the update.

I'm with the OP. I've gotten the car to forward reverse via the mobile app, but can't get it to work on the key fob. I'm sure I'm missing a step somewhere, as others have gotten it to work, but I can't.

I haven't figured it out, either. I found the settings in the center console that seemed to say it was doable and enabled them, but I can't get the car to flash the flashers by holding the key fob down.

Summon works fine with the Tesla app, or the new Tesla Toolkit 3rd party (which includes both Summon and Homelink from an Apple Watch.)

pretty much what i do is long press the middle button on the key fob. the headlights flash quickly and then after a few seconds, the headlights are supposed to come on again. then you can press the front button to summons forward or the back button to summons backwards.

i know it used to work for me alot, but hasnt work at all recently.

i'm late the party as well. just took delivery last week of a new car with AP. i can't figure out how to summon w/ the key fob. app works perfectly. key fob does nothing after pressing and holding the roof button.

for those that have been successful using the fob, are you running V7 or V8? i wonder if the key fob functionality has been turned off in 8.0?

i'm late the party as well. just took delivery last week of a new car with AP. i can't figure out how to summon w/ the key fob. app works perfectly. key fob does nothing after pressing and holding the roof button.

for those that have been successful using the fob, are you running V7 or V8? i wonder if the key fob functionality has been turned off in 8.0?
Nope. I can Summon using the fob both on 7.1 and now on 8.0...

What kind of car do you have?

Did you go into the settings menus and turn off the default continuous press requirement?

I press once and then second time hold until the lights flash. I have upgraded to 8.0. It took me a few tries to get the technique, but once I got the hang of it, works great.