TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Summons issues

Discussion in 'Model S' started by RYCO, Jul 5, 2016.

1. RYCO

RYCO Member

In another post I mentioned that I backed into the garage. When I do the reverse summons, sometimes it parks great, sometimes I have to abort because its a tight fit and its about to back into or side swipe really, my shelves. I imagine that is a sensor placement issue and is what it is. The other issue is I have it at 12 inches buffer and 25 ft travel. Its like that setting does nothing. Sometimes its 1 foot away, sometimes its 3 feet away. Then pulling out, sometimes it stopps right out of the garage (preferred), but sometimes I have to push a button as its pulled out of the garage a d traveled another 30 feet and is about to go into the street. Any help on that?

2. Wuggado?

Wuggado? Member

As for backing into the garage, I have found that it's all in how you line it up yourself prior to engaging Autopark. When I'm careful about being far enough left (to avoid the car parked on the right), and pretty much lined up straight, it does a pretty good job. Lucky for me, it's not too tight of a fit, I just want to be sure to give the wife plenty of room to pull out with her car.

As for pulling out of the garage. It has always pulled out pretty much the same (very acceptable) distance, except for today when it wanted to just keep going. I hit the stop button just a couple of feet before it hit the street. The only difference today is that I walked across the front of it, several feet ahead, and perhaps that somehow distracted it.

3. jfoxny

jfoxny Member

While parking (forwards) using summon mode with another car in the garage, the Model S hit the other car, rather, I should say "touched" the other car. The nose of the Model S ended up just underneath and inside of the other car's wheel arch. Luckily I cancelled it just as the two cars touched. No scratches or dents just barely touched. However, I'll be paying much closer attention to the car as it auto parks from now on!

I'm also going to do some tests with tight mode off (it was on in this case) as the car seems to avoid the right side of
    The garage leading it to park really closely to the other car in the garage (on it's left). Wondering if I change the tolerances if it will better center itself.