Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

summons never works

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Has anyone had issue with summons just does not work anymore?

when they first released the summons come to you in parking lot it worked great; never had issues. Then with few updates it does not function anymore.

The GUI or interface on phone used to allow me to summons with a button; now that button is gone and I have to go to the summons menu; target where I am and the car always says "Warming up; then Car is not ready" or something in this nature. and always does this.

I have the HW 3.0 FSD and summons has not worked for a good 6 months; I just gave up.

I'm on Xfinity Mobile LTE.

Am I doing something wrong? Do I need a new phone? Or a new Model 3 lol? or wait for the new update with FSD to roll out? I'm not sure what is happening here..

Try Summon after the car has been awaken for few minutes (not from sleeping - then Summon is the first task).
I noticed the same behavior when trying to Summon from sleeping...but successful on times where the car has been awake (2020.40.8 2018 3 and 2020 Y).

when they first released the summons come to you in parking lot it worked great; never had issues. Then with few updates it does not function anymore.

The GUI or interface on phone used to allow me to summons with a button; now that button is gone and I have to go to the summons menu; target where I am and the car always says "Warming up; then Car is not ready" or something in this nature. and always does this.

I have the HW 3.0 FSD and summons has not worked for a good 6 months; I just gave up.

Am I doing something wrong? Do I need a new phone? Or a new Model 3 lol? or wait for the new update with FSD to roll out? I'm not sure what is happening here..

I had the same issue and someone on here solved it for me. Press on dumb summon for just half a second or so then smart summon will work

what you've guys said is the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.

LOL "Billy Madison"

But seriously; these comments are not helping my "SUMMON" issue..

One person above did provide a possible workaround

I tried waiting 3 minutes from waking up and still says not able to initialize or unable to start summons. no clue.

I don't see the point of waiting 3-5 minutes when summon is supposed to be immediate or responsive when leaving a store; moreover, when it used to work when this feature was first released. Remember those youtube videos of everyone testing and showing off? It worked perfect then.

Every fw update I get I think it's going to fix the issue and it does not. Actually very surprised as this is the one feature that worked and now it just doesn't; weird for tesla.

I tried waiting 3 minutes from waking up and still says not able to initialize or unable to start summons. no clue.

I don't see the point of waiting 3-5 minutes when summon is supposed to be immediate or responsive when leaving a store; moreover, when it used to work when this feature was first released. Remember those youtube videos of everyone testing and showing off? It worked perfect then.

Maybe check to see if you turned off either data sharing (unlikely) or summon standby (this is more likely for you to have turned it off).

I did get the hw 3.0 installed from hw 2.5 but summon has stopped working prior to the 3.0 hw upgrade.

where do I find these settings?

IMG_0529.jpg
IMG_0530.jpg

yes smart summon constantly fails with the last few builds, I haven't tried it on 2020.40.8 yet
car is awake in the app
smart summon goes something like this
connecting to car
starting smart summon
smart summon not available
smart summon failed
repeat

I do have smart summon standby disabled, I don't use it often enough to justify the battery drain

I found if I use regular summon and briefly move the car forward or backwards, smart summon will work
Found this out after a quite a few failed smart summon demos

yes smart summon constantly fails with the last few builds, I haven't tried it on 2020.40.8 yet
car is awake in the app
smart summon goes something like this
connecting to car
starting smart summon
smart summon not available
smart summon failed
repeat

I do have smart summon standby disabled, I don't use it often enough to justify the battery drain

I found if I use regular summon and briefly move the car forward or backwards, smart summon will work
Found this out after a quite a few failed smart summon demos

same..

I turned on standby "enabled" so lets see what happens; probably still won't work, smh..

I'm starting to think if it's xfinity mobile; I was with att when it worked perfect, now I switched sim cards to xfinity mobile and they are with verizon network so I think this could be some issue with connectivity and the car?

Be aware that standby summon is one of those things that increases hourly energy usage (or said another way, your car will use more energy per hour than it used to, when not being driven).

So finally managed to get summon to work after six months of quick shop in Publix and some old man rage happens; perfect video for Wam Bam Tesla Cam.

I'm standing in front of Publix Ecstatic that my summons is working.

Best part is I summon my model 3 in front of Publix and my car turns down a one way but the correct way; as soon as my car pulls in the lane I stopped short as the Publix lady thought the car was getting close to her so I stopped and approached my car.

Again as soon as my car turns in the one way this other car pulls out going the wrong way; I don't even know how he reversed parked in a spot like that going the wrong way to pull out.

Before I even hop in my car he flashes me with his brights if I'm in or doing something wrong; so takes me 10 seconds to enter my pin and drive; he inches closer as I am doing this process so I take no *sugar* and immediately hop out of my car to see what this guys problem is and explain he's in the wrong and he needs to back up; as you can see here the people in the parking lot in the lower right cam behind me are telling this guy he's in the wrong and needs to back up. (There was also another car trying to turn down this lane behind me as well) they had to choose another lane because if this guy.

so I quickly decide to get in my car and reverse so i'll let this guy can go for some reason; Then again the process of entering my pin and putting in reverse he starts honking the entire time; so I inch backwards really slow and he tried to cut the corner into the curb so I put it in drive and cut him off.

Now he's PISSED!!!! he then rages into the left lane in a parking lot blazing through a stop sign to over pass me but not realizing the power of a tesla I slammed it and didn't let him in; I was trying t make a left into the next lane to go home.

WAM BAM TESLA CAM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! That's me in front of Publix wearing my Bitcoin mask!! haha

Sentry Mode Road Rage - Video

Last edited: