Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Summons question 2018 Model X

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

SOX4Lyf

Aug 6, 2020
VA
I do not use summons very often. However, last night it was rain so heavy and I was a little ways from the car. It was parked in a cul-de sac. I was at the house at the end of the cul-de sac and the car was parked with is rear facing me.

So, I thought I would see if it would just make a turn in the cul-de-sac and come down the driveway. I use the come to me button and from the porch of the house, I watched the app try to figure out a good route. The car then started to move away from the house, which was already pretty far from the house probably close to 150 -175 feet. A as it drove away from me, a turn signal came on a couple of times.

At this point I got nervous as the car kept driving away from me it dark and raining and a slight curve in the road so I could not see the car. By this time, its probably 300+ feet away and I had to stop the car with the app and run after it.

Has anyone had an experience like this? Would the car have gotten to the end of the street and made a U-turn at the stop sign?

I had to run a lot further in the heavy rain, thunder and lightning then had I not done anything at all.

Still love the car, simply curious.

I do not use summons very often. However, last night it was rain so heavy and I was a little ways from the car. It was parked in a cul-de sac. I was at the house at the end of the cul-de sac and the car was parked with is rear facing me.

So, I thought I would see if it would just make a turn in the cul-de-sac and come down the driveway. I use the come to me button and from the porch of the house, I watched the app try to figure out a good route. The car then started to move away from the house, which was already pretty far from the house probably close to 150 -175 feet. A as it drove away from me, a turn signal came on a couple of times.

At this point I got nervous as the car kept driving away from me it dark and raining and a slight curve in the road so I could not see the car. By this time, its probably 300+ feet away and I had to stop the car with the app and run after it.

Has anyone had an experience like this? Would the car have gotten to the end of the street and made a U-turn at the stop sign?

I had to run a lot further in the heavy rain, thunder and lightning then had I not done anything at all.

In my experience with Summon, it draws out the path on the app and pretty much sticks to it unless an obstacle gets in the way. I’ve never been brave enough to try it in a crowded lot or on a city street but it the large lots I’ve used, it’s been good at navigating around curbs and other obstacles. That said, someone on this forum wasn’t so fortunate; their car hit a light pole or stop sign or some other fixed object when they were testing it out. Use it with care.

Be careful of using it, especially you won’t be able to see it clearly. Glad you stopped it and run after. It might hit on something you never know, because it’s “Beta”. I learnt it from a hard way...used summon and it hit a stop sign, so I had to replace the bumper

It's squirrelly. I don't trust any new location to work, but same locations pretty dependable. I have about 4-5 of them, they continue to impress the by-passers.

My dog backs outta my driveway, turns around and picks me up 2 doors down our court every day for a coffee & run.
Only once he tried the driver seat, so I share that.