Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Summons Stops

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
When backing out of garage, Summons stops with car about 1/3 out. When I restart Summons, car completes backing out. Occasionally the car will back out without stopping. Clearance is about 5 -6 inches, Anyone else having this problem ? I am on 17.17.4, same thing on previous update

I'm still on 17.11.45 and mine does the same thing (although in my experience it varies from 1/3 to 3/4 of the way out when it stops...). It also sometimes stops while moving into the garage, which seems worse if it isn't started EXACTLY straight on to the door frame. Other than the alignment on entry, it seems pretty random. I suspect that the side sensors are the cause, and it is over-interpreting their data. Hopefully this will improve in the next few firmware updates...

When backing out of garage, Summons stops with car about 1/3 out. When I restart Summons, car completes backing out. Occasionally the car will back out without stopping. Clearance is about 5 -6 inches, Anyone else having this problem ? I am on 17.17.4, same thing on previous update
Are you on wifi in the garage? I ask because Sometimes mine starts backing out then stops half way and the app says it lost connection to the car. When I reconnect (takes a few seconds) and press reverse again it resumes and completes. Wondering if it switched from wifi to LTE and that interrupted the summon.

Mine balks on head in entry. Always fails first time dbl pushing park; Using fob to restart always works. Narrow frame. Starting with fob only works about 50% on first attempt, with second attempt continues straight without steering and completes. Very slight lip but not the issue because bumper not even close. Tried pulling in partially first, that too is 50/50. No slope driveway to slab.

Frustrating, but better than manually parking and hugging one wall to exit car in a small garage.

We have a "long" garage. It's only wide enough for one car and but two cars can park in it one in front of the other. If the Tesla is parked all the way in the front reverse summons doesn't work. Not sure if it's the distance (extra ~15 feet). Or if the space is too narrow for a longer distance.

If it's parked closer to the opening I usually don't have a problem but sometimes it takes two summons tries to get it out.

I have the same issue. I activate summon on AP2 using the key fob. Pretty narrow clearance on each side in the garage. It executes perfectly about 1/3 of the time. The other 2/3 is some combo of needing to back up and straighten up the car or just needing to restart summon on the fob. Same issues forward and reverse.

I can confirm an identical change with 17.17.4 vs. 17.11.45. At first, I thought it was a fluke, but something is definitely causing it to stop early most of the time (forward exit from my parking space only). Backing into the space works every time, including crossing a ~3/4" lip. The strange thing is that it doesn't stop anywhere close to either set up tires being on the lip, so I don't think it is related to the lip. I just restart the summon and it continues.

I've used summon at least six times to pull my car in and out of the garage. Always using the fob. It has worked well each time. Today it scared me a bit. It backed up about a foot out of the garage and stopped. I re-initiated summon and it backed up a few more feet, stopped, turned its wheels to the right and continued backing up. If I hadn't stopped it, I'm guessing it would have ran the front door and front quarter panel into the side of garage. Obviously I can't trust this feature anymore.

IMG_2788.JPG
IMG_2790.JPG
IMG_2791.JPG