Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Summons Vision system temporarily degraded, flashing

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hey everyone, for a few months now, (possibility after an update, not 100% here). When I access the Summons from my ap, where it takes you to the overhead map, when the cross hairs appear to select a place to have the car come, it start rapidly flashing where it normally says "Go to target". It goes between: "Go to Target" and "Vision System temporarily degraded" very rapidly. I thought that because my car may have been a bit dirty the cameras were not happy. After taking it to a hand wash, it was still doing the same thing. Has anyone had this happen? Obviously I'll likely need to make an appointment through the app, but they are pretty far out and wanted to know if anyone else had this and what I may expect. Any advice is welcomed as well!

Added note: I have tried using it anyways (while flashing) trying to catch it on the "Go to Target" part and it will start to back up and abort. Also, I can still use the arrows to make it go forward or backwards, but not using the smart summon.

Thank you!

Reactions: Extant
Hey everyone, for a few months now, (possibility after an update, not 100% here). When I access the Summons from my ap, where it takes you to the overhead map, when the cross hairs appear to select a place to have the car come, it start rapidly flashing where it normally says "Go to target". It goes between: "Go to Target" and "Vision System temporarily degraded" very rapidly. I thought that because my car may have been a bit dirty the cameras were not happy. After taking it to a hand wash, it was still doing the same thing. Has anyone had this happen? Obviously I'll likely need to make an appointment through the app, but they are pretty far out and wanted to know if anyone else had this and what I may expect. Any advice is welcomed as well!

Added note: I have tried using it anyways (while flashing) trying to catch it on the "Go to Target" part and it will start to back up and abort. Also, I can still use the arrows to make it go forward or backwards, but not using the smart summon.

Thank you!
The exact same thing is happening to me. Was wondering if it was just me. Also atill did it after a good cleaning. I am on FSD beta 10.12.2, in case you are also on the beta branch?

Reactions: Extant
I tried the workaround from another thread here and it does seem to work. I initially turned on the Standby Mode as suggested by Tesla but that did not do anything.
Turning Sentry Mode off, though, seems to make summon work right away. I've only tried a couple of times, but it worked in both occassions. Enjoy!

Thank you!
Easy fix I believe, Tuen off Sentry when using Summon and it should work.
Best of luck!