Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Sun block/shade for refresh Model X Plaid??

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Got the shades and installed them.. Very good fit. I installed the sun block silver/black inserts to block the sun completely.
20220810_155415.jpg
20220810_155427.jpg
20220810_155956.jpg
20220810_160232.jpg
20220810_160649.jpg

Thanks for your kind sharing. Do you use these for all the sides with sunshades?
The hatch shade doesn't come with the UV block sheet. I use the UV black out with my front shade and the falcon wing shades. I didn't install the rear window shades. They also have the black outs. The ones I posted are the UV black outs from the rear window. The other ones are installed. Product fits very well!
Shades are very dark and you can barely see through them, even without the black outs. I hope to reduce cabin heat when parked in the sun by 5 to 10 degrees, maybe more.

Reactions: BonB
The hatch shade doesn't come with the UV block sheet. I use the UV black out with my front shade and the falcon wing shades. I didn't install the rear window shades. They also have the black outs. The ones I posted are the UV black outs from the rear window. The other ones are installed. Product fits very well!
Shades are very dark and you can barely see through them, even without the black outs. I hope to reduce cabin heat when parked in the sun by 5 to 10 degrees, maybe more.
Thanks very much for your kind sharing.

Will test the shades today in bright sun light and 90+ degree temperatures. Before the shades, interior would get to around 129 degrees.. Let's see to what temperature it will get up to with the shades in place. I do also use a shade for the lower windshield when the car is parked in the sun (not included in the kit)

Will test the shades today in bright sun light and 90+ degree temperatures. Before the shades, interior would get to around 129 degrees.. Let's see to what temperature it will get up to with the shades in place. I do also use a shade for the lower windshield when the car is parked in the sun (not included in the kit)
Given enough time it would also get to the same temperatures. Sunshades and tint don’t lower the max temperature of your car, but slow the rate that the temperature increases.

Given enough time it would also get to the same temperatures. Sunshades and tint don’t lower the max temperature of your car, but slow the rate that the temperature increases.
Not sure if the reflective UV panels change that as the silver color reflects some of the sunlight back. Today's test was inconclusive as it became cloudy in the early afternoon and temperature in the car topped out at 113 before it became cloudy.