Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Sun Country Expanding

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

S'toon

Knows where his towel is
Apr 23, 2015
AB
I went to a talk last night by a guy from Sun Country. They're expanding their businesses. Besides the current farm and Sun Country Highway, they're expanding their services.

Already up and running is the Sun Country Academy. This teaches first responders how to deal with EV fires, and teaches mechanics how to work on EVs.

Next is Sun Country Eco Wear. They're going to sell clothing made out of recycled materials, and sell Italian made boots that are made sustainably. A web site is online, though the store isn't online yet it seems.

Coming up is Sun Country Eco structures. This will focus on providing materials for construction of, and retrofit of homes. He talked about a kit to build a sustainable home. It will also provide things such as solar panels.

Finally will be Sun Country Eco Rides. This subsidiary will be a conduit for new and used EVs. From electric bikes to electric cars, to the PHEV truck called the VTRUX. They said the VTRUX will be manufactured in Canada, and they've been doing testing already in Fort McMurry with good results.

http://www.suncountryintegrated.com/

I also got to see my first Model S in person. :biggrin:

On the downside they said the only Level 3 charger in SK they're going to build currently is the one sponsored by a member of these forums.

Did they say where in SK that L3 charger is going?
No, I didn't ask for specifics. I just asked if there were any plans for putting Level 3 chargers in the prairies. He said the only one they were going to put in was sponsored. I know the person on the board mentioned he was thinking of sponsoring one for his travels, so I knew who it was.

Since there's "no such thing as a Level 3 charger", meaning the term has no definition, why can't we choose the term Level 3 to mean a DC Fast Charger? Yes, there are different power outputs for DCFCs, but so what? They're all better than Level 2 (AC) chargers (which aren't really chargers, since we're being pedantic).