Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Sun Country Highway Cross-Canada Tour

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
BTW, I did some "beta testing" for these great guys in October. I drove my Roadster from BC all the way into Manitoba (down to Iowa) and back. There were still some gaps in the network at that time, but it was so great to get that far from home in my Roadster. Adventurous Canadians will be able to take some great voyages fairly practically soon. We are planning to do the trip again in our Model S in the spring.

It's Good to Be Alberta Bound.jpg
Saffron in Golden.jpg

I spoke with Stephen B. in Stoney Creek...I think he said Kent will be at the North Wentworth Arena on Dec 3 or 4th to charge up a bit...unsure of what time yet...I'm going up to meet him, anyone else from the Golden Horseshoe going?

Their facebook page says a tentative time of 6:00am - 8:30am. Is one of the SCH charging stations installed at the arena?

Salut Olier007,

By curiosity, are you a Model S reservation holder?

Don't know much about SunCountry and their charger tech. If I have a TMS 60kWh with onboard charger of 10kWh and plug into your the SCH chargers, how much time will it take. And did you say it would be free for 2 years still?

Are SCH and Le Circuit Electrique working together or competing?

Hi pbrulott

I am not a model S reservation holder for one good reason. I am driving an electric Vtrux as i am also in charge of Vtrux Canada Quebec branch.
Awesome pick-up truck doing 100mpg.
Would probably have ordered a Tesla if it wasnt the case. Might get one for my GF anyway ;)

The SCH & Le Circuit Electrique are 2 separates network.

Thanks

Olivier Delisle
Sun Country highway / Vtrux Canada

Envoyé de mon iPad à l'aide de Tapatalk HD

Ottawa Tour

The Sun Country Highway tour came through Ottawa yesterday and today. One really exciting thing is they had a Model S (an early US Signature) tagging along! And of course I joined in with my Roadster for the Ottawa events.

Pic 1: Yesterday we had an event downtown, at Nepean Point overlooking Parliament Hill.

Pic 2: Last night we drove the cars right into our building so they could be worked on in comfort. The Sun Country Roadster needed a tire swap - snow tires work better when they're not bald! (Someone's been having a little fun...). Mark the Ranger dropped by for a minor tweak to the Model S - his first time working on an actual customer's MS. He was very happy not to need his long Johns!

Pic 3: Man the Signature Red looks great when you give it a wash... now I have to get all that salt off my Roadster! Also notice the charge station behind the Sun Country Roadster. It's been installed at our offices; any Tesla owners visiting Ottawa are most welcome to drop by for some free electrons!

Unfortunately after a full charge the Model S had to head home, but it was fantastic see a customer car on the road in Canada!!! (Even if it's an American car.) Yesterday I was leading a small convoy of Teslas from one event to the next, and I just couldn't help smiling whenever I looked in my Roadster's mirror and saw the S! A new type of Tesla grin!

Attachments

• hill.JPG
    hill.JPG
    340.2 KB · Views: 361
  • S.JPG
    S.JPG
    483.6 KB · Views: 329
  • shop.JPG
    shop.JPG
    290.3 KB · Views: 326
@Doug:
Thanks for keeping us informed about the Ottawa part ... I will post some of the Quebec part of the tour this week-end.

Harry's Model S is effectively a US Signature (Vin #0166). He lives in Canada (Prince Edward Island) most of the year, so he expects to import his Model S. Of course the current software update is mandatory since he needs the Metric system.

By the way, Harry and his wife will use SCH FREE charging stations to travel from PEI to his US address in Wisconsin. That would be much harder to do by going through the U.S. side !! They're retired, so not in a hurry and the money saved in fuel while traveling will be used for good food and hotels while traveling ...

Isn't that great? Instead of sending his money to foreign countries, it's NEW CASH injected to the local economy !! Politician and the tourism industry should take good note of that !!!

Here is a picture of Harry with his new baby, and his VIN !!

Harry-ModelS.jpg

Harry-VIN-ModelS.jpg

Great photos and stories, Doug! I have been working to gather a whole group of Teslas from BC and WA to welcome the tour at its end point in Victoria. We should have at least a half dozen Roadsters and Model S's. My wife and I are hoping we get our Model S by the time SCH arrives, so we can EACH drive a Tesla to the arrival gala!

So that Model S is the second "grey market" one in Canada that I have heard of. I also met a guy in the ferry line who lives in Whistler, but maintains an address in California, and had ordered his Model S there. I have no idea if he got it yet, or if he plans to legally import it. He was racked by range anxiety in anticipation, and I had to talk him off the ledge and assure him that EV life is just FINE!

Hamilton Sun Country Meet-up

Here are a couple of pics from the meetup this very early this morning. You can see the roadsters, but somehow i cut off the Leaf that was parked next to Jaff on the right ... oops.

Hamilton 2-20121203-00120.jpg

The weather network was there today, and Kevin Yarde took my car for a short spin, with Kent riding shotgun. :cool:

Hamilton 2-20121203-00129.jpg

Kent, Congratulations on your progress across Canada.

David

@Doug
Any chargers planned for Edmonton or Red Deer ?
I saw the 30A unit at the Banff Spring hotel a few months ago and would assume you'd have one somewhere in Calgary along Hwy 1

One (70A) is already in Calgary, but as Doug and I have said before, we cannot say where until the tour completes in 2-1/2 weeks. Kent told me they were working on Edmonton. They probably have something by now. Not sure about Red Deer, but it is clearly a good choice.

Love watching the progress of this tour. Thanks to all of you for posting photos.

Seeing all that salt makes me cringe! I decided to drive my Roadster this winter, salt or no salt. I'm glad to see I'm not alone. I installed a hose in my basement and try to spray it every day. Sometimes it's too cold for that so I fill a 2 gallon garden sprayer with hot water and spray it down.