Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Sun cream on arm rest …. Argh!!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
With the gorgeous weather today, my arms had sun cream applied, and after a drive I realised I’d been resting my arm in the arm rest and there’s a cloudy white stain it! ******* typical!

in a panic I tried rubbing it off with tissue but it’s just left a cloudy blotch… any tips on how to remove? :(

With the gorgeous weather today, my arms had sun cream applied, and after a drive I realised I’d been resting my arm in the arm rest and there’s a cloudy white stain it! ******* typical!

in a panic I tried rubbing it off with tissue but it’s just left a cloudy blotch… any tips on how to remove? :(
Try a wet wipe for starters. Just a water one.

If the original residue is gone the colour and finish will be restored by wiping on some 303 Protectant. (don't panic)

Reactions: init6
Thanks all… a wet wipe helped but you can still see the circle where it was, so I’ll try the hand santiser tip.

Its one of those days… I proceeded to wash my car and now it’s covered in horrid water spots because I made the bone head decision to wash under direct sunlight with (our known) hard tap water. *sigh*

Thanks all… a wet wipe helped but you can still see the circle where it was, so I’ll try the hand santiser tip.

Its one of those days… I proceeded to wash my car and now it’s covered in horrid water spots because I made the bone head decision to wash under direct sunlight with (our known) hard tap water. *sigh*

Not cheap, but I jet washed the car earlier with this between the tap and the pressure washer, then just went inside. Dried in the sun, no spots at all.

Reactions: JS77
The Dodo Juice and Gyeon stuff mentioned in this thread seemed to sort out my suncream marks. :cool:

Not cheap, but I jet washed the car earlier with this between the tap and the pressure washer, then just went inside. Dried in the sun, no spots at all.

Hmmm thats tempting as I also have very hard water.

Alternatively, its more work, but use a drying towel. I've tried to learn how to wash a car "properly" since I got my M3...although must admit the novelty wore off pretty fast and i've found myself at the local jet wash station more than once...

Be careful of all skin preparations as hair oil is known to react with our "Vegan Leather" seats. I wonder how many years they can take the super high heat generated due to the vent system not working if you park the car up for more than a day or so in high temperatures.
The app should be allowed to re-start if you are away it when it shuts down through the car not being used. After all, you can switch the air con on and vent the windows, all I want to do is run the fan inside.