Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Sun cream on arm rest …. Argh!!

JS77

Nov 24, 2019
England
With the gorgeous weather today, my arms had sun cream applied, and after a drive I realised I’d been resting my arm in the arm rest and there’s a cloudy white stain it! ******* typical!

in a panic I tried rubbing it off with tissue but it’s just left a cloudy blotch… any tips on how to remove? :(

Dilly

Feb 24, 2020
Norfolk
With the gorgeous weather today, my arms had sun cream applied, and after a drive I realised I’d been resting my arm in the arm rest and there’s a cloudy white stain it! ******* typical!

in a panic I tried rubbing it off with tissue but it’s just left a cloudy blotch… any tips on how to remove? :(
Try a wet wipe for starters. Just a water one.

Irata

Oct 16, 2020
UK
I use some gtechniq I2 tri-clean for similar marks inside the car, on all fabrics including the seats etc. Works really well, especially any oils in the surfaces like sun lotion.

Reactions: TheFuturist

Adopado

Aug 19, 2019
Scotland

If the original residue is gone the colour and finish will be restored by wiping on some 303 Protectant. (don't panic)

Reactions: init6

JS77

Nov 24, 2019
England
Thanks all… a wet wipe helped but you can still see the circle where it was, so I’ll try the hand santiser tip.

Its one of those days… I proceeded to wash my car and now it’s covered in horrid water spots because I made the bone head decision to wash under direct sunlight with (our known) hard tap water. *sigh*

Durzel

Jul 17, 2019
Bath, UK
Thanks all… a wet wipe helped but you can still see the circle where it was, so I’ll try the hand santiser tip.

Its one of those days… I proceeded to wash my car and now it’s covered in horrid water spots because I made the bone head decision to wash under direct sunlight with (our known) hard tap water. *sigh*

Not cheap, but I jet washed the car earlier with this between the tap and the pressure washer, then just went inside. Dried in the sun, no spots at all.

Reactions: JS77

DigbyChicken

Apr 7, 2021
Yeovil, Somerset
The Dodo Juice and Gyeon stuff mentioned in this thread seemed to sort out my suncream marks. :cool:

Billbrown1982

TM3 LR 2021 | Red | FSD
Dec 21, 2020
Basildon

Not cheap, but I jet washed the car earlier with this between the tap and the pressure washer, then just went inside. Dried in the sun, no spots at all.

Hmmm thats tempting as I also have very hard water.

Alternatively, its more work, but use a drying towel. I've tried to learn how to wash a car "properly" since I got my M3...although must admit the novelty wore off pretty fast and i've found myself at the local jet wash station more than once...

Rustybkts

Feb 8, 2020
Leicestershire
Be careful of all skin preparations as hair oil is known to react with our "Vegan Leather" seats. I wonder how many years they can take the super high heat generated due to the vent system not working if you park the car up for more than a day or so in high temperatures.
The app should be allowed to re-start if you are away it when it shuts down through the car not being used. After all, you can switch the air con on and vent the windows, all I want to do is run the fan inside.

Morhydro

Mar 26, 2020
Scotland
I had this issue - some pure soap (i.e. not coloured or smelly stuff or the soap/oil mix like Dove) and water seemed to work very well to remove the stains.

Products we're discussing on TMC...

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC