Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Which do you prefer?

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm not voting.

I love having the pano sunroof.. or more accurately, I love the idea of having the sunroof to open on a nice sunny day.

But I rarely actually do it.

Given the choice today, I'd probably go for the all-glass roof.

That's interesting how you worded it :) I LOVE having a sunroof and I don't use it often but the days I use it, I would really have missed and regretted being in a car with a roof I could not open. The only way I could possibly think about giving up the concept of a sunroof is a vehicle like a Model X with a seamless roof that goes over your head...

Thanks for participating in my decision making process,
I went with the All Glass Roof, so I won’t need the Sunshade I purchased and have/will never used.

Up for sale one new never used set of Panoramic Roof Sunshades
(for sunroof)

$115 including shipping via USPS medium flat rate to contiguous US.

Images of actual item for sale
View attachment 282246
View attachment 282247

Images & Description from Tesla Online Store:
View attachment 282248 View attachment 282244 View attachment 282245

Constructed of lightweight mesh fabric with a collapsible rigid frame, the Panoramic Roof Sunshades block two thirds of solar thermal load. Easily removable, the sunshades are installed onto the interior of the front and rear panoramic roof windows. When removed, the shades collapse and store in an 18-inch square pouch.
Includes:
1 x front panoramic roof sunshade
1 x rear panoramic roof sunshade
1 x zippered storage pouch
The product is only compatible with Model S with the panoramic roof.

Last edited:
- All glass has more room, especially when you are tall this could be an issue (i'm 2.04 meters or 6,69 feet). For me personally when sitting in a car with sunroof my top view was blocked by the 'bar'. While not an issue with safety, because it only ment I wasn't able to see the sky, it felt like something is blocking my view. As far as I know the seats are not height adjustable.

- Sunroof has more windnoise

- Sunroof has the ability to mount a roofbox. All glas does not

I chose all glas, because of the space and because of the additional windnoise.

• Informative
Reactions: Xenoilphobe
I chose PANO because without it, you can not mount roof racks for ski's, bikes, etc... no issues with headroom

Seasucker (SeaSucker) works excellent for skis and bikes. The All Glass Roof is perfect for mounting these since glass is better than steel roof for these type of roof transport systems. They are also easier to install and remove than normal racks.

And regarding the interior headroom, it is much better in All glass roof. This should definitely be taken into consideration for taller people.