TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Sun Visor Extenders

Discussion in 'Model 3: Interior & Exterior' started by ONEDVSMOFO, Jan 13, 2019.

1. ONEDVSMOFO

ONEDVSMOFO Member

Does anyone have a recommendation for some sun visor extenders? The small size sun visors on the M3 allows the sun to routinely hit me or my front passenger.

2. carplusplugs

carplusplugs New Member

Did you find a solution? I am shorter and I find the visor to be too small. The visor measures at its widest 16 3/4 and at its narrowest 15. The hight is fairly constant at 5". Looking at current commercial products I am worried that the curvature of the visor will interfere with their function not to mention the aesthetics.

3. ONEDVSMOFO

ONEDVSMOFO Member

I didn’t. I did buy one of these for my driver window, but nothing that attaches to the exsisting sun visors.

TFY Car Window Sun Shade... https://www.amazon.com/dp/B017GWZKLS?ref=ppx_pop_mob_ap_share

4. animorph

animorph Active Member

5. mdelvin

mdelvin Member

6. carplusplugs

carplusplugs New Member

Those are the two I been looking at also, both should fit but the latter one just barely in terms of hight. I am torn about which one to get as I am still concerned that neither could be mounted to the mirror side without interfering with the visor closing because of the curve of the visor. If someone buys pictures of the unites installed would be a big help.