Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Sun visor rattle?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hey

Anyone noticed that there is a small rattle from the sun shade/visor when golfer back to the door of the car, in mine the rattle goes away when it’s clipped into the window.

Spoke to SC and they said it’s a common issue and due to the magnet rattle but no fix as they are all the same.

Had a 2017 MX for a month now and it’s silebt so just wondering if anyone else has had this issue?

Hey

Anyone noticed that there is a small rattle from the sun shade/visor when golfer back to the door of the car, in mine the rattle goes away when it’s clipped into the window.

Spoke to SC and they said it’s a common issue and due to the magnet rattle but no fix as they are all the same.

Had a 2017 MX for a month now and it’s silebt so just wondering if anyone else has had this issue?
I did. Try turning the visor in it’s seat a little so the visor doesn’t sit flush to the a pillar anymore. It’s not pretty but helped me.

In mine, the passenger visor does it on rare occasion. I can push it against its resting place and it will stop briefly (maybe the duration of a short trip, maybe not), or I can pull it out and put it back in place and it will stop for a long time (days to weeks, maybe even months sometimes). It's definitely just a matter of finding what works for your particular visor, could be as simple as pressing or reseating or more complicated like tilting or even messing with it in the windshield position before pulling it back so that the magnet is in a different position. Hopefully yours works out to be simple for you.

My car rattled like crazy from the drivers side visor. It was just in for service and they said there is a revised part from Tesla and a mobile tech will contact me when the parts arrive.
I have found that spinning the piece on the end of the visor can help calm it down for a while, but it always comes back. Hopefully the new part is better

My car rattled like crazy from the drivers side visor. It was just in for service and they said there is a revised part from Tesla and a mobile tech will contact me when the parts arrive.
I have found that spinning the piece on the end of the visor can help calm it down for a while, but it always comes back. Hopefully the new part is better
Ours rattles too. As above, rotating just a bit seems to work.

Reactions: Fellsteruk
I have the rattle too. My workaround has been to pull it out about an inch and let it "float". Not ideal, but silence the rattle.