Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Sun Visor Rattle

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Been noticing that my sun visors rattle while going over bumps. If I pull them down it goes away. Back up and there is some noise and actually sounds like it is from the dash.

Anyone have the same and any possible fixes? I just folded some felt tape and placed it up there to create some space from it directly on the headliner.

I had a rattle "behind" the sun visor clip on the passenger side when I first picked up my car. The sound got better when I unclipped it visor and let it hang. I brought it into the service center and the dropped the headliner down and found some wiring that wasn't "clipped into" its holder causing the rattle when going over bumps. Seems like the visor amplified the sound. Not sure if that is what your hearing, but from reading a few posts on here, headliner rattles are common.

I had a rattling sound from the sun visor and it was due to friction between the visor and magnetic mount. Any slight vibration made a rubbing sound that was like a rattle. I used some Shin-Etsu silicone grease on the mount and it stopped.

By the way, Shin-Etsu grease is awesome for door and window seals as well. Stays slick but nothing sticks to it when it sets so it doesn't accumulate dirt.