Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Sun Visors - Missing Vanity Light?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The strange thing is that i see this in the technical schemes of the 2014 version of the Model S
Screen Shot 2017-02-17 at 14.33.01.png

Not trying to brag but the Model X has Vanity lighting in both the sun visors.

True but on the X, you can't maneuver the sun visor over to the side window to cover sun coming in from the side which you can on pretty much every other car ever made so... I don't own an X just test drove one and didn't see how that functionality would be possible so if it is, then don't hesitate to correct me.

Jeff

True but on the X, you can't maneuver the sun visor over to the side window to cover sun coming in from the side which you can on pretty much every other car ever made so... I don't own an X just test drove one and didn't see how that functionality would be possible so if it is, then don't hesitate to correct me.

Jeff
Actually you can move the X sun-visor to the side window, it angles down!

After a few days work....... Version 1.0

probably soon available if there will be interest.

View attachment 215242

YES, very interested. Is this a kit with a lamp and switch plus cable, or do you need to take the visor and do the work in your shop?
I assume you got the power from the available connector/power in the headliner under the microphone grille.
Put me on your list....

Reactions: YVR88
YES, very interested. Is this a kit with a lamp and switch plus cable, or do you need to take the visor and do the work in your shop?
I assume you got the power from the available connector/power in the headliner under the microphone grille.
Put me on your list....

It definitely needs to be done in the shop. The wire needs to be put in, the light needs to be cut out. The switch needs to be build in.
So there is a lot of tweaking on the sun visor involved.
It is still in the developing phase.
- We will for sure not do any cutting in the existing wiring of the car
- We are still looking for the perfect microswitch or reed contact for the switching.
- What light unit shall we use (here we used the standard footwell/trunk/door light unit or maybe we should go for a thin ledstrip on the inside of the mirror cover?

IMG_5294.JPG
IMG_5293.JPG

Reactions: YVR88