TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Sun Visors - Trouble Reattaching

Discussion in 'Roadster' started by Ben W, May 31, 2015.

1. Ben W

Ben W P85 #61, Roadster #108

Odd little Roadster issue, thought someone here might know...

A while back I'd removed the sun visors to improve the visibility, but now am giving the car to a friend for a few days and would like to put them back on. The passenger one slid back on easily, but the driver one goes on partway and jams; it simply won't slide all the way on, and it isn't attached securely enough to leave on halfway. (plus it interferes with the rear-view mirror.)

Has anyone else experienced / solved this tiny issue? I emailed service about it, but no one seemed to know. The car got its annual service recently, so this glitch doesn't seem worth an additional trip to the SC.

2. Doug_G

Doug_G Lead Moderator

Try a little Vaseline as lubricant? (Won't damage the plastic, unlike oil.)

3. Chillout

Chillout Member

I "wobble" it on whenever I had it off.
    Try opening and closing the visor while pushing it into the direction you want it. Each up-and-down-move it will go further

4. Ben W

It doesn't seem like a friction issue; it seems like it's physically blocked, like the metal connector hits an obstruction inside the visor hole, and is not able to go past it. I've tried all sorts of angles and wiggling, no luck. I guess I could ask the SC how much a replacement visor would be; most likely it would slide right on. Hopefully I'll still find a way to fix the existing one though. Maybe it just needs a shoehorn :rolleyes:

5. Doug_G

Doug_G Lead Moderator

Did you try the wiggle technique suggested by Chillout?

6. Ben W

Yes, I tried it. The visor goes on exactly halfway and no further, regardless of the amount of opening/closing/wiggling. I don't want to apply so much pressure that it snaps off the metal bar!