Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Suncream Stains on Model 3 Seats

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Unbeknownst to me, a friend wore Neutrogena Ultra Sheer Dry-touch sunscreen, an 85+ helloplex broad spectrum uva-uvb while a passenger in my Model 3 last Thursday. He wore a tee and shorts and so the lotion was transferred to all surfaces of the black seats and arm rests, leaving white stains on the passenger and back seats.

I cleaned them as soon as I saw them with Chemical Brothers Interior Cleaner which helped get most of it off. But there are stains in several places that look more like the color has come out of the Vegan seat material. Vigorous rubbing with a glass-cleaning e-cloth with water hasn’t altered the stains much.

Any similar experiences out there and possibly a solution?

I’d be most grateful for any tips.

PS: Be careful of your passengers wearing sun screen in your Model 3!

Tim

I have used today a 70% solution of isopropyl alcohol on the spots with a microfiber auto e-cloth and it certainly reduced the severity. But it’s no silver bullet. Will try other solutions until one is found. Armor All Wipes is next.

8E87C4C2-6E6A-440D-B932-D4EBFB7A6768.jpeg Good news. A $2.98 spray bottle of Fantastik from Lowe’s applied with a microfiber cloth COMPLETELY removed ALL trace of the sun cream stains. Phew!

Same thing for me, nothing to do, it does't go away!
I went to Tesla Montreal ... $ 800 to change the bench.

It is't normal that the sun cream does this!

Attachments

• 103690989_260016428399143_5221578864684834072_n.jpg
    103690989_260016428399143_5221578864684834072_n.jpg
    383.4 KB · Views: 564
Unbeknownst to me, a friend wore Neutrogena Ultra Sheer Dry-touch sunscreen, an 85+ helloplex broad spectrum uva-uvb while a passenger in my Model 3 last Thursday. He wore a tee and shorts and so the lotion was transferred to all surfaces of the black seats and arm rests, leaving white stains on the passenger and back seats.

I cleaned them as soon as I saw them with Chemical Brothers Interior Cleaner which helped get most of it off. But there are stains in several places that look more like the color has come out of the Vegan seat material. Vigorous rubbing with a glass-cleaning e-cloth with water hasn’t altered the stains much.

Any similar experiences out there and possibly a solution?

I’d be most grateful for any tips.

PS: Be careful of your passengers wearing sun screen in your Model 3!

Tim

Yes, had the same issue with sunscreen staining the seats the first week we had the car. Tesla also recommended Chemical Bros interior cleaner. It worked and cleaned up the seats. They also suggested to stay away from the different types of wipes bc the alcohol will eventually dry out and discolor the vegan material...