TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Suncream Stains on Model 3 Seats

Discussion in 'Model 3: Interior & Exterior' started by EV3Tim, Jul 13, 2018.

1. EV3Tim

EV3Tim Member

Unbeknownst to me, a friend wore Neutrogena Ultra Sheer Dry-touch sunscreen, an 85+ helloplex broad spectrum uva-uvb while a passenger in my Model 3 last Thursday. He wore a tee and shorts and so the lotion was transferred to all surfaces of the black seats and arm rests, leaving white stains on the passenger and back seats.

I cleaned them as soon as I saw them with Chemical Brothers Interior Cleaner which helped get most of it off. But there are stains in several places that look more like the color has come out of the Vegan seat material. Vigorous rubbing with a glass-cleaning e-cloth with water hasn’t altered the stains much.

Any similar experiences out there and possibly a solution?

I’d be most grateful for any tips.

PS: Be careful of your passengers wearing sun screen in your Model 3!

Tim

2. Skione65

Skione65 Member

@EV3Tim,

Try Armor All Wipes....I’ve heard that does the trick on Sunscreen. Let me know how it works!

Ski

3. EV3Tim

EV3Tim Member

I have used today a 70% solution of isopropyl alcohol on the spots with a microfiber auto e-cloth and it certainly reduced the severity. But it’s no silver bullet. Will try other solutions until one is found. Armor All Wipes is next.

4. EV3Tim

EV3Tim Member

Thanks for the tip!

5. Napboy

Napboy Member

Clorox or Lysol disinfecting wipes. Recommended by the seat manufacturer and gets the sunscreen off easily.

• Helpful x 1
    • Like x 1
  6. EV3Tim

EV3Tim Member

8E87C4C2-6E6A-440D-B932-D4EBFB7A6768.jpeg Good news. A $2.98 spray bottle of Fantastik from Lowe’s applied with a microfiber cloth COMPLETELY removed ALL trace of the sun cream stains. Phew!

7. Skione65

Skione65 Member

@EV3Tim,

Awesome! Thanks for the follow up! Did you try the ArmorAll wipes? I’ll make a note of the fantastik.

Ski