Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Sunday River Ski in Maine- 3 Tesla Chargers

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Was anyone here directly involved? I'd like to try to get Mad River Glen to install destination charging. I think the round trip from West Lebanon is tricky without it. You'd either need to head north to Burlington (at least an hour out of the way for us skiers to the south), or try to pick up some electrons at one of the no-so-reliable Chademo's in Barre/Montpelier.

We use these all the time!! Thank you for getting this done! Would be awesome to get them to install some at the mountain base as well for skiers who make day trips.

I just booked a large town home for MLK weekend so I'll follow up with a note to the manager about the destination charging program. They could have the ski area valets manage HPWC access and move cars when charged if necessary.

I just booked a large town home for MLK weekend so I'll follow up with a note to the manager about the destination charging program. They could have the ski area valets manage HPWC access and move cars when charged if necessary.
That would be great. I'm happy to reach out as well or add my name as a signatory somewhere if it would be useful. We ski Bretton Woods about 20 days per year so this would be a huge win for us.

My sister took this picture 11-19-2015.
This is the upper parking lot at South Ridge.

IMG_2029.JPG

• Informative
Reactions: KenC
Skied at Sunday River on Friday January 22nd.

Surprisingly, I was told that I was the first known customer that used a charger
during skiing hours. The gentleman was so excited to finally see it used that he texted
the people responsible immediately.

Hopefully others will soon take advantage of these chargers.

IMG_0042.JPG

IMG_0051.JPG

Reactions: Jurnimon
Was there Tuesday for brutal 5 degrees and windy day
plugged Chevy Volt into anemic looking 120vikt charger
got 7 miles range ! Better than nothing and awesome parking spot plus our tesla friends can drive with ease now

I made a point of walking down to Guest services with a big smile and thank you
I specifically asked them to pass it up chain of command how pleased I was

its been years of asking them
ideally they would pop in 2 J 1772 240 volt chargers for the non Teslas...

- - - Updated - - -

Huzzah! Hopefully there was a J1772 in the package as well. I guess I should keep working on Sugarloaf, my last email to them got no response.

Done! You or I should take credit for it !! JK
nice Tesla unit found at sugarloaf hotel as you drive in
once again non tesla are left with the lonely 120 volt plug
(Hear plug your little phone I mean car in to this plug ) I know I am truly happy that we are
making progress but still there are other EV and PHEV out there beside T

Was there Tuesday for brutal 5 degrees and windy day
plugged Chevy Volt into anemic looking 120vikt charger
got 7 miles range ! Better than nothing and awesome parking spot plus our tesla friends can drive with ease now

I made a point of walking down to Guest services with a big smile and thank you
I specifically asked them to pass it up chain of command how pleased I was

its been years of asking them
ideally they would pop in 2 J 1772 240 volt chargers for the non Teslas...

- - - Updated - - -

Done! You or I should take credit for it !! JK
nice Tesla unit found at sugarloaf hotel as you drive in
once again non tesla are left with the lonely 120 volt plug
(Hear plug your little phone I mean car in to this plug ) I know I am truly happy that we are
making progress but still there are other EV and PHEV out there beside T

Yes, but unlike GM and some others Tesla is spending to build out the charging infrastructure. And they usually provide a Clipper Creek J1772 along with two HPWCs at Destination Charging locations. I'm surprised they didn't do so at Sunday River or Sugarloaf.

Yes, but unlike GM and some others Tesla is spending to build out the charging infrastructure. And they usually provide a Clipper Creek J1772 along with two HPWCs at Destination Charging locations. I'm surprised they didn't do so at Sunday River or Sugarloaf.

no argument here I'm long on TSLA as they get it about total package car service charging
others playing catchup(BMW) or not even entering charging infrastructure game ( GM Ford)
waiting for CPO or M3 as volt replacement
just was hoping the loaf or SR could have provided $$ for Clipper creek