Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Sunpass transponders are compatible with 2017 windshields

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
This info is not on the sunpass.com website yet; but I was told by customer service that the front bumper mounted transponder is no longer reccomended for 2017 Teslas.

Last weekend I drove across Alligator Alley to Dania Beach to trade in my 2012 P85 for a new 2017 P100D. I got an ITOL (image toll) on the way over in the 2012, and had a TTOL (transponder toll) on the way back in the 2017, using the same windshield mounted transponder each way.

I thought Tesla did not do 'model years' like traditional auto manufactureres, so it would be interesting to know exactly when the windshields became compatible. The P100D, by the way, is crazy fast.... I really like all of the improvements since my 2012 model.

Reactions: jbcarioca
Last weekend I drove across Alligator Alley to Dania Beach to trade in my 2012 P85 for a new 2017 P100D...
Alligator Alley is an ideal place to check out added performance, isn't it? I tool my P85D there on its first outing then took it there again as a P85D. AFAIK the most important thing is to do the experimentation outside of Broward County.
Congratulations on your new ride!