TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Sunroof opening condition

Discussion in 'Model S: User Interface' started by Mille Pun, Jan 26, 2016.

1. Mille Pun

Mille Pun Member

I am driving thru a small rain this morning, and aware that the sunroof cannot be open (vent) during the trip. However, tested after the trip and the sunroof is working perfectly. So I wonder some condition about speed or raining will be restricted for controlling the pano. Unfortunately I'm not able to find it on manual.
    anyone know the condition? Thanks.

2. Todd Burch

Todd Burch Electron Pilot

I haven't tested this before, but it's possible that since the car has a rain sensor (for the rain-sensing wipers) that opening of the pano roof is disabled if rain is detected. A cool feature, if that's the case.

I believe if you are traveling very fast (> 80mph?) the car will not let you open (or close) the sunroof, but in that case I think there is a message that appears onscreen.

3. CHG-ON

CHG-ON Still in love after all these miles

I didn't know that. I'll have to test it. Makes sense since the car does know when it's raining. Thanks for posting.

4. Gizmotoy

Gizmotoy Active Member

Mine seems to frequently know that it's a torrential downpour when there's a light mist. I'm not sure I'd trust it to determine when I can and can't open my windows. :biggrin:

5. CHG-ON

CHG-ON Still in love after all these miles

Yes, my wipers go bonkers too. But they seem to do it less with 7.1