Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Sunscreen lotion on sr+ seats

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I had this same issue last year, and I can't remember what it was that finally worked. But, I tried lysol disinfectant wipes, this aero wash and wax, and believe it or not, nail polish remover. I am fairly certain it was one of the latter two that worked.

Some earlier conversations mentioned ArmorAll Wipes as a possible solution. As I didn't have Fantastik available in my region, I decided to test ArmorAll. I bought ArmorAll All Round Wipes and Leather Wipes. All Round Wipes didn't help at all, but to my my surprise the Leather Wipes worked quite well! I used those twice for the seats and door handles and below are the results. I can still see some stains with my eyes, but at least it's not that disastrous sight anymore.

Attachments

• IMG_20200721_113404_3.jpg
    IMG_20200721_113404_3.jpg
    280.6 KB · Views: 481
  • IMG_20200721_223047_1.jpg
    IMG_20200721_223047_1.jpg
    320.5 KB · Views: 154
In summer, we went to the beach with tons of sunscreen on their hands. It was a mess on the seats afterward, water and leather cleaner did not work. Looked up the internet, there are many ways to remove sunscreen on leather. I end up asking my wife to use her makeup remover, 90% of the sunscreen came out. Didn't scrub too hard on the leather though.