Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Sunshade for Windshield & Skylight

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Custom is the way to go. Or just Photosync the windshield. Or be happy with the existing coverage, which is more than adequate. But for those who are really concerned, custom shade would be the best way to go and would show you know how to exercise your "inner locus of control".

Custom is the way to go. Or just Photosync the windshield. Or be happy with the existing coverage, which is more than adequate. But for those who are really concerned, custom shade would be the best way to go and would show you know how to exercise your "inner locus of control".

Agreed. This is exactly what I'm doing. Photosync the entire windshield and keep the great visibility. Afterall that's what the glass was designed for.

Slightly off topic - but aside from manufacturer's numbers, do we really know if Photosync is better than everything else? All internet searches I've made come up with only word of mouth and numbers from the manufacturer, which seem almost magically too good to be true. No side by side tests, nothing that seems unbiased. I have a sneaking suspicion that the manufacturer has seeded specific high end forums with "great reviews" and has done a great job influencing all of us (Porsche, Tesla, BMW forums).

Heck, they've already got my money. I've done everything but the windshield already, and the only reason I didn't was because of the ghosting issue (wondering about replacement).

Slightly off topic - but aside from manufacturer's numbers, do we really know if Photosync is better than everything else? All internet searches I've made come up with only word of mouth and numbers from the manufacturer, which seem almost magically too good to be true. No side by side tests, nothing that seems unbiased. I have a sneaking suspicion that the manufacturer has seeded specific high end forums with "great reviews" and has done a great job influencing all of us (Porsche, Tesla, BMW forums).

Heck, they've already got my money. I've done everything but the windshield already, and the only reason I didn't was because of the ghosting issue (wondering about replacement).

Araxra put many of us to photosynch on a separate thread. There was also a side by side test done by premiere that from my recollection was 30-40 degree diff in temperature. I will try to dig it up. My personal experience is it works very well.

BTW, the ghosting issue is unresolved with the windshield. Got my car back from SC and the service report said this issue only affected "a small handful of customers have experienced this phenomenon. We will investigate the root cause..."

I just created a sunshade group but it looks like it is currently in moderation. I invited @ohmman (since he loves sunshades) and @ModelXBoy. Please let me know if you are interested and I can send you an invite, I will probably post information regarding custom sunshades and anything remotely related to sunshades. Please let me know if you receive the request, I am not sure if it is working or not

Reactions: WABarb
Got the invite. When I click accept get an error that the group is in moderation (see attached)

Attachments

• image.png
    image.png
    797 KB · Views: 70
I just created a sunshade group but it looks like it is currently in moderation. I invited @ohmman (since he loves sunshades) and @ModelXBoy. Please let me know if you are interested and I can send you an invite, I will probably post information regarding custom sunshades and anything remotely related to sunshades. Please let me know if you receive the request, I am not sure if it is working or not
add me thx

Add me too please :)

Hey! I just got my Model X and couldn't figure out how to hold that sunshade up between the dashboard and the mirror. I thought it was like the one my wife uses on her Honda when its parked in the sun. When all else fails, read the instructions! Thanks.
It is for the front UPPER WINDSHIELD used during DRIVING as well , not a front LOWER windscreen which you have assumed it to be. It fits between the space of your rear view mirror butt and the roof liner.

• Informative
Reactions: madodel