Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Sunshade for windshield

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The Heatshield is a roll-up. It's main problem is that it doesn't have any stiffening ribs so after a season it's about a foot away from the window. The workaround is to carry a couple of empty boxes to keep the Heatshield pressed against the window. That extends the life to about four years.

The Heatshield is a roll-up. It's main problem is that it doesn't have any stiffening ribs so after a season it's about a foot away from the window. The workaround is to carry a couple of empty boxes to keep the Heatshield pressed against the window. That extends the life to about four years.

I've had my Heatshield for my Prius for about 8 or 9 years and still use it. But you're right that it should have stiffening ribs. I created my own by cutting up a bicycle flag pole and slidding the pieces between the layers of the HeatSheild. Two was plenty and it does the job. I fold my HeatShield flat (so it wedges b/w the passenger seat and center console). No need for boxes or to get it out of a trunk to put it in the window when I park.

I've had my Heatshield for my Prius for about 8 or 9 years and still use it.

Mine have actually had holes in them. However, I use mine every time I get out of the car because it's not garaged and it's in Texas. So that's probably more like 8-9 years in nicer climates or for garaged cars.

I bought one and it fits well. The problem is that it relies on the visors for support...and we all know how short the visors are. It works well for now as I don't have to use it much.

I bought one and it fits well. The problem is that it relies on the visors for support...and we all know how short the visors are. It works well for now as I don't have to use it much.

After trying a few of my existing shades it was clear that the wimpy little visors are going to be a problem for any kind of shield that uses them for support. I'm just not aware of any sun shields that don't depend on the visors it some extent.

I bought one of the Heatshields from Amazon and am regretting the purchase. As others have mentioned, it rolls up rather than folds, but the direction it rolls up is awkward and it's so large that you can't flip it over to roll it up tight. Plus, once it heats up it sags pretty severely. I'm not sure if the fold up ones would be any less cumbersome but if I had it to do over again I'd get one of those.

I bought one of the Heatshields from Amazon and am regretting the purchase. As others have mentioned, it rolls up rather than folds, but the direction it rolls up is awkward and it's so large that you can't flip it over to roll it up tight. Plus, once it heats up it sags pretty severely. I'm not sure if the fold up ones would be any less cumbersome but if I had it to do over again I'd get one of those.

The Covercraft 100UVS comes in two folding pieces. We shall see if that makes it easier to handle.