TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC
Start a Discussionhttps://teslamotorsclub.com/tmc/tags/

Sunshade included with new Model X?

Discussion in 'Model X: Ordering, Production, Delivery' started by tllt, Sep 11, 2017.

1. tllt

tllt Member

Hi!

I will be taking delivery of a new Model X in a couple of weeks and wanted to confirm if sunshades are included? I saw in one of the Model X delivery checklists from the forums that it is included now? Can anyone confirm?

Thanks!

2. carslover333

carslover333 Member

Yes, it should be included in your frunk.

3. ecarfan

ecarfan Well-Known Member

Yes I received one with my X when I took delivery in late July.

4. tllt

tllt Member

Awesome, thanks for the confirmation!

5. Faiz71

Faiz71 Member

Thanks!
    Sunshades are only for US cars, or also for European?
    As we are going to pick up ours today :)

6. boaterva

boaterva Supporting Member

What I got in the frunk was the ‘overhead’ sunshade for the windshield, just to be clear. Which is perfect, since I ordered a ‘normal’ sunshade for the ‘normal’ windshield to keep the sun out when parked.

7. Faiz71

Faiz71 Member

Yups also the European Model X is delivered with the overhead sunshade. (The rear windows are very dark tinted)

8. X Fan

X Fan Supporting Member

You need to check with the sunshade captain to validate :)

9. zackmilo

zackmilo Chrome Delete Champion

• Funny x 1
  10. K-MTG

K-MTG Sunshade Captain of TMC

Can't believe I am not the first to respond to this thread!

Your car should have a sunshade somewhere (trunk compartment/frunk). Early owners like myself had to wait several weeks for the sunshade...and you can always pick up a heat shield if you need something solid (not mesh) like the Tesla shade.

11. boaterva

boaterva Supporting Member

Seriously, we need different terms for the ‘net cut down on light’ ones Tesla gives you/sells for all the overhead windows and the ones you can get for the windshields that we all have had for our old cars (and these) that are solid material/foil coated/whatever.

Maybe one is a ‘shade’ (overhead) and the solid windshield one is a ‘shield’? As you say, the front one is ‘heat shield’ also...

12. K-MTG

K-MTG Sunshade Captain of TMC

I don’t really care about sunshades that cover the lower part of the Tesla windshield (or pretty much the entire windshield on every other car). I only care about the overhead protection, the heat shield I use covers the overhead area. Take a look at this:

• Informative x 2