Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

SunTek Carbon XP Tinting - Anyone have it?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I looked through the tinting feeds but didn't see something specific about this option. I have a reasonable quote in hand by a local shop that was referred to me by a high end dealership.

They are recommending SunTek Carbon XP (said I could do just High Performance but most Tesla owners go Carbon XP because it lets more signals through). They suggested 35% on side windows and rear window. I don't want it too dark but am getting the tint for privacy and heat/sun to preserve the interior. They said they could tint the windshield as well, but I haven't really seen that or considered it. Any thoughts/feedback (pictures) are appreciated.

I have the Suntek CXP and they make a world of difference here in Houston. I have the 35% ones where there is plenty of light coming especially at night. I really noticed how well they worked when i got a loaner car from tesla without any tints and how hot i would get as the sun beat down inside; really happy with them and had them installed in my wife's car as well. Hope this helps.

Akash do you have any pictures? No issues after 2 years? My tinter is recommending the SunTek brand and came highly recommended (not that I would know any different as I've never had my windows tinted). Do any of you have the windshield tinted?

I have SunTek CXP 70 on my P85D as well as 3M Crystalline 70 on my P85. They are both very light tint with a carbon grey look to them. I do not see any hint of blue or purple. I'm not sure how the darker shades look since I was not interested in blacking out my cars. Ultimately, I can not tell the difference between them. The amount of heat I feel in the cars during a hot, sunny day feels about the same. These are all good tints and I wouldn't get too wound up about getting "the best". Really, they're just window tints and regardless of your selection, a reputable shop will do a good job. Here are 3 pics of my SunTek CXP 70 today in the late day sun. I also had SunTek CXP 90 installed on the windshield and that has made a dramatic difference in the level of comfort on a sunny day.

IMG_1511.jpg
IMG_1512.jpg
IMG_1513.jpg

Just had Carbon XP 35 (actually 38) put on our new 85D last week, all windows except the windshield (which is illegal in OR and many other states). I have this product on our Acura MDX as well as my Porsche 911 and BMW 545. It's held up fine over the years and I'm totally happy with it. Installed by local shop who does all tint work for BMW and Mercedes in the area.

Odenator - thank you for the pictures. Do you have any with the doors closed looking into the car? Please do not go out of your way to go take a photo or anything.

Scoper - Any photos of yours with 35?

And neither of you have had an signal interference with these?

I've got the SunTek Carbon XP 35% on the fronts and 18% around the back. It's a solid product for the price. It's been over 115F in Phoenix so my car is hot as hell. I have Pearl White and almost wish I had gone a bit darker on the tint shade. Heat rejection is good, but I still feel a lot of heat coming in from the windshield and pano roof. I am thinking about going back now and putting 70% on the windshield. So I'd recommend it for the price, but if you're willing to spend the cash, you might want to upgrade to something like the Photosync. Just email the support at Spectra for an installer in your area.

I know everyone says they don't feel heat through the pano roof, but I certainly do. My previous car what a 2012 Prius with the solar roof that ran the circulation fans and it was much cooler after being parked in the sun. Clicking on the A/C from my phone app before leaving the store or my office is really really nice though!

Debating between Huper Optik for $550 and Suntech CXP.for $380.

Installer said to go with whatever one I want but said he'd personally recommend the CXP because the Huper has a bit of a shine to it and the CXP does not. Also the CXP is easier to install that saves on cost and sets within 5 days while Huper could take up to 30 days to set.

Looking at the TSER they are very close to each other on the 35% film with 61 for huper and 53 for CXP so it seems like both would do a great job keeping the car cool.

I looked through the tinting feeds but didn't see something specific about this option. I have a reasonable quote in hand by a local shop that was referred to me by a high end dealership.

They are recommending SunTek Carbon XP (said I could do just High Performance but most Tesla owners go Carbon XP because it lets more signals through). They suggested 35% on side windows and rear window. I don't want it too dark but am getting the tint for privacy and heat/sun to preserve the interior. They said they could tint the windshield as well, but I haven't really seen that or considered it. Any thoughts/feedback (pictures) are appreciated.
Do not waste your money on SunTek products. I have a BMW with SunTek Tint and paint film and an Out Back with 3m
I paid about the same for both
Good luck getting warranty work done with Sun Tek, they wiggle out of everything and refused to fix a bubble issue with their product.
3m had an issue went back to a 3m dealer not an issue replaced the tinted window covering that started to peel back, no questions asked. SunTek claims peeling is not covered, never again SunTek is pure crap..

Do not waste your money on SunTek products. I have a BMW with SunTek Tint and paint film and an Out Back with 3m
I paid about the same for both
Good luck getting warranty work done with Sun Tek, they wiggle out of everything and refused to fix a bubble issue with their product.
3m had an issue went back to a 3m dealer not an issue replaced the tinted window covering that started to peel back, no questions asked. SunTek claims peeling is not covered, never again SunTek is pure crap..

It sounds like you're commenting on [poor] installation and not the product itself (?) Peeling and/or bubbling is usually a factor of an inexperienced installer or improper installation prep. I'm not saying SunTek makes the best tint but it isn't a bad product for the money.