Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Suntek vs Xpel?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Only a few installers are able to use that clearguard film. Certified means your dealing with the best.

Umm, maybe now true but not back when I had mines done. . +1 on finding a VERY competent installer. Also the CGN brotherhood is strong as they all seem to back each other’s work, or so I’ve been offered/told.

Product wise, I do like CGN as opposed to xpel ultimate and suntek ultra as it really is clearer/smoother product, even tho they both have 10 yr warranties as opposed to CGN’s 7 yr.

Umm, maybe now true but not back when I had mines done. . +1 on finding a VERY competent installer. Also the CGN brotherhood is strong as they all seem to back each other’s work, or so I’ve been offered/told.

Product wise, I do like CGN as opposed to xpel ultimate and suntek ultra as it really is clearer/smoother product, even tho they both have 10 yr warranties as opposed to CGN’s 7 yr.

The warranty I have is 10 years with Clearguard.

• Helpful
  • Informative
Reactions: JeffC and hiroshiy
I am getting my MX wrapped with suntek PPF. I noticed this forum discusses the different PPF options available. So I figured I'd ask a question on whether it makes sense to invest in getting the ceramic coating on top of the PPF. Doing so apparently voids the PPF warranty. Is the ceramic coating worth getting if you can wax the car which also apparently protects the PPF?

My 100D X was wrapped in Suntek Ultra last month. The entire car. Wow the gloss shine is amazing. I’m impressed as it looks like a perpetual wax finish. No ceramic coating on top. Suntek Ultra happens to have rain and water diffusion mixed into their ppf. Water cascades off the car and as a benefit so does dirt.

Attachments

• BE835999-88DB-4BF1-A8DB-9D94849D40D3.jpeg
    BE835999-88DB-4BF1-A8DB-9D94849D40D3.jpeg
    532.8 KB · Views: 411
  • 53FFC9D1-AFAE-45E8-A4C8-360E2468004B.jpeg
    53FFC9D1-AFAE-45E8-A4C8-360E2468004B.jpeg
    476.9 KB · Views: 361
  • 80E9EEA1-85D3-4B7E-B4E4-10E8F837BCE4.jpeg
    80E9EEA1-85D3-4B7E-B4E4-10E8F837BCE4.jpeg
    481 KB · Views: 352
  • 37E570B3-61FD-4054-B732-B9F5003D07E3.jpeg
    37E570B3-61FD-4054-B732-B9F5003D07E3.jpeg
    417.5 KB · Views: 351
I am getting my MX wrapped with suntek PPF. I noticed this forum discusses the different PPF options available. So I figured I'd ask a question on whether it makes sense to invest in getting the ceramic coating on top of the PPF. Doing so apparently voids the PPF warranty. Is the ceramic coating worth getting if you can wax the car which also apparently protects the PPF?
After reading your post, I asked my installer about this on your behalf and of course I was also concerned that by having two coats of Gyeon Quartz Q2 MOHS applied on top of my Suntek Ultra, I had possibly voided my own warranty.
He said the warranty is only affected if the ceramic coating is on the paint underneath the film which the manufacture claims affects the long-term adhesion of the product. He also seemed a little skeptical whether this was really an issue or if it was just a way of avoiding honoring the warranty claims by film manufacturers.

After reading your post, I asked my installer about this on your behalf and of course I was also concerned that by having two coats of Gyeon Quartz Q2 MOHS applied on top of my Suntek Ultra, I had possibly voided my own warranty.
He said the warranty is only affected if the ceramic coating is on the paint underneath the film which the manufacture claims affects the long-term adhesion of the product. He also seemed a little skeptical whether this was really an issue or if it was just a way of avoiding honoring the warranty claims by film manufacturers.
Interesting... this is a useful tidbit of information. Are you considering doing the ceramic costing and the PPF?

My 100D X was wrapped in Suntek Ultra last month. The entire car. Wow the gloss shine is amazing. I’m impressed as it looks like a perpetual wax finish. No ceramic coating on top. Suntek Ultra happens to have rain and water diffusion mixed into their ppf. Water cascades off the car and as a benefit so does dirt.
Thank you. I might just skip the ceramic coating then. Save the money for other custom jobs.

Most important is the installer. Look for companies that have been in business the longest and have the best reviews. Experience is key as the film does not install itself. It is very easy to make the mistake of comparing companies by product they carry. Always take a look at the vendors work in person and not in photos posted online. Most companies post pics that are 5'-10' away, which are useless to judge quality. Here is an example and comparison:

Most important is the installer. Look for companies that have been in business the longest and have the best reviews. Experience is key as the film does not install itself. It is very easy to make the mistake of comparing companies by product they carry. Always take a look at the vendors work in person and not in photos posted online. Most companies post pics that are 5'-10' away, which are useless to judge quality. Here is an example and comparison:

In retrospect I would rather an installer use a cut kit and know how to install it instead of them going outside their ability and jacking up the entire thing.