Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Sunvisor extension

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
At one point Tesla redesigned them and made them about .5” longer and offered a free retrofit.
So if you have an older vin prior to 34k that might help.
My 1st MS got these and it’s vin was 34k so I’m not sure where they actually got incorporated into production.

Reactions: Duffer
I too have been unsatisfied with the sun visors in my 2016 MS for a while.
The visors always seem to be slightly not tall enough for the low sun in late afternoon/early evening. Also when swung to the side windows, the visors do not block the full window's width, leaving a gap between the b-pillar and the edge of the visor (I believe the current production version of the MS sun visors do slide a few inches sideways to help with this issue).

I was thinking of creating a custom secondary sun visor, but stumbled upon a few ready-made solutions...

First solution is the VersaVisor. This device extends the surface area of the sun visor, so it helps with multiple scenarios.

Pros:
  • Easy/flexible installation with the elastic straps
  • Device can easily move to different positions depending on the need
  • Black color blends in with my black visors and headliners

Cons:
  • Covers the vanity mirror; have to pull the device down far to open the vanity mirror
  • Black color will stand out against non-black visors and headliners
  • Elastic strap clamps stick-out slightly when visor is stowed against headliner

versavisor1.pngversavisor2.pngversavisor3.pngversavisor4.pngversavisor5.pngversavisor6.png

The second solution that I have not yet fully tried is the TuckVisor.

These come in three different models:
  1. TuckVisor Tinted (what I have)
  2. TuckVisor Blackout
  3. ClingVisor Tinted (static cling)

Pros:
  • Fits well with the contours of the MS side window
  • Dark limo tint blocks out a lot of light, but still able to see through
  • Easy to reposition to different spots along the window edges
  • When not in use, it stores/fits well between the front seats and the center console

Cons:
  • Because of the MS frameless door windows, when the door is opened the device falls off
  • Plastic nature of the device causes some static which attracts FOD to stick to it
  • Cannot have the window down (unless using the cling version)
  • It might rattle against the window depending on the road conditions and cabin air movement

I ordered the tuck tinted version as I read from reviews that the blackout version was basically laminated paper and did not hold up very well.
tuckvisor1.png

I've got some upcoming road trips from California to Oregon/Washington, so we'll see how well these devices help...