Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Sunvisor Failure?

FarmerDave

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Sep 3, 2015
Central PA
When my car was in the Service Center last week they replaced both sunvisors on their own initiative. I was told they had started to crack. Odd, since I've probably only used them about half a dozen times.

Concern: Replace Sunvisors
Pay Type: Warranty
Corrections: Replace 2 Sun Visors Due to Splitting or High Rotational Force
Replaced both passenger side and driver side sun visors
Part Quantity
ASY SUNVISOR LH ALCANTARA FOG US
(1048600-53-D)
ASY SUNVISOR RH ALCANTARA FOG US
(1048601-53-D)
Parts Replaced or Added

Mar 4, 2014
United States
They replaced the right side visor on my car because it was too loose -- it would drop down to vertical. The new one seems to have more "indents" to keep it in the extreme locations.

scottf200

Feb 3, 2013
Chicagoland ModelX S603
Notified my Svc Center last week about both of mine. I don't use them much but they were getting loose on the end. Lot of tension in that area. I suspect they redesigned them.

ZZDi8IE.png

vangogh

Sep 4, 2015
Sunnyvale, Ca
The passengers side swivel connection to the visor of my X cracked as the swivel had become somewhat stiff after a couple of months of use...Tesla replaced both of the visors during a recent SC appointment (apparently a known service notification)

Products we're discussing on TMC...

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC