Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Third time this year I’ve been “burned” by this stock. I’ve always recovered... but I’m not expecting an ATH until a few short sellers are put in jail. Very obvious bear raids and FUD every time we get close to ATH. Why would anyone hold at $380 when the stock drops $70 a few days later? Every single time! I love Tesla as a company, but this stock is DIRTY and something needs to be done.

The whole market has dropped, have you looked at the general markets? We will get ATH when Tesla posts another few quarters of profit and when the macros improve. 2019 could be a write-off if we hit a bear market.

Reactions: anthonyj
Third time this year I’ve been “burned” by this stock. I’ve always recovered... but I’m not expecting an ATH until a few short sellers are put in jail. Very obvious bear raids and FUD every time we get close to ATH. Why would anyone hold at $380 when the stock drops $70 a few days later? Every single time! I love Tesla as a company, but this stock is DIRTY and something needs to be done.

Because back in 2012 and 2013, people experienced exactly the same pattern over and over again.

Until one time the stock surged into the upper 30's and it didn't come back. And then people took their big 30 or 50% gains at $50 or $60, and watched it keep going to $70, and finally bought back in around $80 (or worse). The details change - different people took their winnings off the table at different times. That was when the stock finally repriced from a trading range in the 20's - 30's, into the 130-180 range.

That's why I hold when the stock reaches close to $380 - this could be the move where the market "suddenly" reprices from the 280-380 trading range, to a new trading range in the $1300-1800 range. Of course if you're trading short term (trades with expected durations under 1-2 years are short term in my lexicon - I realize my terminology doesn't sync with everybody), then you take each one of those swings and cackle gleefully every time it works :)

Your Home Timeline

·
11s

I felt totally compelled to add to my $tsla calls today. Consequently I bought $tsla January 2021 $360 and $390 before the market close Continuing to hold $400 January 2021 as well as $700 January 2020 plus several other strikes plus $tsla common stock Let the games begin

I am in the same boat. I am adding 570 strike call options for 2020 (about $1k each). I look at the constant divergence of TSLA from the NASDAQ and I look at things like the 80,000 share dump on friday where the share price recovered within minutes and view it as solid buying. I see a negative future for the FAANG stocks and believe that that money is slowly flowing into TSLA, as money managers move into TSLA in anticipation of the future. I believe a number of money managers have been forced to wait until tsla starts to make a profit, and that's where we are now.

I usually would discount the idea of a large stock movement but I think the options market in tesla has really blow up in the past 6 months (volatility from elon's tweets caused options to become more profitable, premiums on options are relatively high) and taking a cue from @Fact Checking 's options breakdown in the main thread, I think that the degree of delta hedging that would have to occur as we climb to 380 and 390 would force the stock to break much higher.

We have been through the 250-380 routine so many times now that I believe many people are planning on a return to 300. It's only when the majority of people plan for a return that a return doesn't happen....

So now we can count me as a super bull with a move to over 500 in mind.

We have been through the 250-380 routine so many times now that I believe many people are planning on a return to 300. It's only when the majority of people plan for a return that a return doesn't happen....

Welcome, Teslaquila, blunts, and poker in the back

I am in the same boat. I am adding 570 strike call options for 2020 (about $1k each). I look at the constant divergence of TSLA from the NASDAQ and I look at things like the 80,000 share dump on friday where the share price recovered within minutes and view it as solid buying. I see a negative future for the FAANG stocks and believe that that money is slowly flowing into TSLA, as money managers move into TSLA in anticipation of the future. I believe a number of money managers have been forced to wait until tsla starts to make a profit, and that's where we are now.

I usually would discount the idea of a large stock movement but I think the options market in tesla has really blow up in the past 6 months (volatility from elon's tweets caused options to become more profitable, premiums on options are relatively high) and taking a cue from @Fact Checking 's options breakdown in the main thread, I think that the degree of delta hedging that would have to occur as we climb to 380 and 390 would force the stock to break much higher.

Yes . if you look at the big picture Charts $tsla made a flat base for three years from 2014 through 2016 and then it made a 17 month cup shaped base that is between 2017 and now. Also all the long-term moving averages point upward . Compare it to 2010 through 2013 time frame between 2012 and 2013 Tesla made a cup shaped pattern lasting 13 months before the powerful break out lasting several months.
Currently 13 months exponential moving average is about to cross the Dotted midline monthly Bollinger as well as monthly MACD is about to turn positive plus don’t forget to look at the phenomenal surge in upside volume on monthly chart in the last several months. All in all while the jury is still out as to the outcome of current pattern but it is likely to be powerful once $tsla breaks out.

Reactions: SpaceCash
C668D1CA-23C1-431D-A87A-A6194E788176.png
The picture is much more clear when you look at the quarterly Tesla chart

Notice that 12 quarters first base followed by current 7 quarters cup shape base, base over base pattern

Once we have a Bollinger break out on quarterly chart it would too phenomenal -it would be very very bad news for short sellers

buying $TSLA January 2020 $700 calls like crazy like a drunken sailor on a gambling spree at 2 AM
this is the great quiet before the perfect storm
expect a major meltup in $tsla shares in the very near future
charts look phenomenal
world of pain for shorts coming

• Informative
Reactions: SpaceCash