Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Anyone familiar with Cryptocurrency ASIC miners? Basically it's hardware that prints money, especially when new (best) to the market.
The recent ,FSD related comments by Elon, reminded me of that.

Until now, the SEXY line was considered a product for "consuming". You manufacture it, sell it with good margin and you move on to the next unit. I think Elon is surprising many of us (even the so called "Super bulls") and transforms the SEXY line into money printing machine sooner than expected.

That's quite a genius move. Customers become investors by simply owning the product. The presentation will be probably mostly aimed at current/potential SEXY owners. It will be enough to give a well presented Tesla Network scheme with believable, near term time frame stating date. It will push a lot of buyers to finally decide and buy the FSD software (and the car attached to it).

It shifts once again the "Auto market" and leaves the Legacy automakers even further from the new reality.

Then we have the Semi. What if Elon decides to go in the same direction as with the cars? What if the recent purchase of the transportation company has a deeper meaning? Car customers are needed in order to help training TSLA's NN, but Truck customers are suddenly not a necessity. Are we witnessing TSLA transforming from Energy/Auto company into Energy/Auto/Transportation company (both people and cargo)? After all, Elon is already heading in this direction with the Boring company.

It must really suck to be a TSLA competitor. Elon doesn't simply play the game better- he makes up new game on the way and makes all the good cards in your hands redundant. Many of them will realize the sooner you partner with TSLA the better.

TLDR: Size your plays and remember: I skate to where the puck is going to be, not where it has been. Wayne Gretzky.
I don’t think the new FSD computer can handle the mining calculations. Need a strict GPU or a strict ASIC miner. Unless Tesla makes their own Cryptocurrency Teslacoin and makes it only minable with a Tesla FSD computer. That would be hilarious.

I don’t think the new FSD computer can handle the mining calculations. Need a strict GPU or a strict ASIC miner. Unless Tesla makes their own Cryptocurrency Teslacoin and makes it only minable with a Tesla FSD computer. That would be hilarious.

You <- ------------------- ->The point I was trying to make :D

That was an example of a case, when the hardware you can produce, simply makes more money than one off payment after selling it to customer. I was not suggesting they will use the hardware for mining. They are after much, much bigger reward.

• Informative
Reactions: anthonyj
And for Q3 Tesla will have 35Gwh battery capacity. Can the factory actually produce around 8k/week like some were speculating in the fall? They will theoretically have the battery supply in Q3 to get there. And if not, the what the bleep is Tesla going to do with all those batteries?

And for Q3 Tesla will have 35Gwh battery capacity. Can the factory actually produce around 8k/week like some were speculating in the fall? They will theoretically have the battery supply in Q3 to get there. And if not, the what the bleep is Tesla going to do with all those batteries?
Cell production is for both vehicles and Tesla Energy (line chemistry change). Vehicle cell production is for both Fremont and GF3.
They have places to use them.

• Informative
Reactions: Artful Dodger
  • EVs are the future
  • Tesla has 80% market share of BEV in the US
  • Others are not catching up fast. Who knows, maybe Tesla is innovating faster than others are catching up.
I wouldn't be too surprised if Tesla produced 50 million cars per year in 2030 with a market share between 30 and 80%.

Tesla would only need to grow 50% per year for these numbers. (I think growth is more like an S-curve, so stronger growth in the beginning and then levelling off.)

Don't bet against innovation.

Reactions: Artful Dodger
Without 007 making any appearances, we need to get our swagger back, now that there are almost zero uncertainties on Tesla achieving greatness. I will make a start:

April 2019 following Q1 earnings, Model Y event yada yada
SP = $700

June 2019 following Q2 S&P inclusion
SP = $1000

Is anyone brave enough to outbid me? Stupid enough gets you no points - that is what I'm here for.

Talking about stupid, I have to change my J19 300s for something a little longer term so I would appreciate your consensus on the $700 figure before pulling the trigger mid November (Jun 19 or J20, 300s?).

I made a handsome profit yesterday on my aggressive bear spread....Thanks!

Actually I'm BULLISH....
Know why?
Because ELON himself has told us THE ANSWER.

As we know - Model 3's are appreciating assets...
Additionally, very soon - in the ROBO era near the end of the year - they will be INCOME producing assets ~ $30,000 / yr.
I surmise that the 10Q will tell us that:
TESLA is amassing a fleet of M3's - say 100,000 - putting these assets on the books -
And when they APPRECIATE and start to produce sizable INCOME (100% / annual).

That's around $3 BILLION income in addition to a handsome gain in asset value....

TESLA shares will easily top $2,500 - $5,000

I BE SUPER BULLISH!