Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Super Charger Adapter for US cars in Europe

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My supercharger adapter works in Europe, so far on my 2013 S60 of up to 96KWH. The "Tesla Clinic" in Prague made it for me. It did cost 800,- EURO. Contact Evelyn Brezinova in this Forum, here.
The answers to your questions are right in the post that you quoted. o_O
so u purchased it here?:

Tesla SC EU\US Supercharger EU\US CCS to US

I am asking if this website is legit...
there is no physical adress given. I also had bad experience with a seller in Slovakia. Try this one: They used to be here. They are very friendly and competent, and they did the conversion for me. TESLA Clinic| Home

Attachments

• IMG_7239.jpg
    IMG_7239.jpg
    409.2 KB · Views: 221
  • IMG_7240.jpg
    IMG_7240.jpg
    527.5 KB · Views: 196
  • IMG_7246.jpg
    IMG_7246.jpg
    663.1 KB · Views: 195
  • B820EB47-4FDC-43EA-8523-596F11288322.jpg
    B820EB47-4FDC-43EA-8523-596F11288322.jpg
    312.4 KB · Views: 203
  • IMG_7468.JPG
    IMG_7468.JPG
    561.6 KB · Views: 199
I understand that, but I wonder if their system allows for a US account to be billed for a EU charger and vice versa. Also, what currency do they charge in for the kWh used? I wonder because it isn't officially supported to use a US car at a EU charger.
My Car has free supercharging so I haven’t got any payment info from Tesla, and haven’t heard anything either considering my car is US spec.

there is no physical adress given. I also had bad experience with a seller in Slovakia. Try this one: They used to be here. They are very friendly and competent, and they did the conversion for me. TESLA Clinic| Home

Thank you for this post. I am still many years from shipping my US car to Europe so by then things may be different, but it's nice to know that people have tried this.. my Model S also has free unlimited SCing.. so billing will not be an issue. I just want to make sure it works.

Reactions: oliver4ever
Do these adapters still exist? The websites listed in this thread either don't seem to have them anymore or they're not in stock.

The reason I ask is that New Zealand commonly imports used cars from Japan so we're starting to see a lot of Japanese import Model S and X coming into the country but since Japan uses the Tesla connector and NZ uses the Type 2 connector, they're incompatible with the Superchargers here. The mentioned adaptors would obviously solve this issue

I understand that, but I wonder if their system allows for a US account to be billed for a EU charger and vice versa. Also, what currency do they charge in for the kWh used? I wonder because it isn't officially supported to use a US car at a EU charger.

how much this adapter ?

What is the price of the adapter quoted on this website?

Also, I am happy to see from the notes that it charged at least to 104 kW although sadly in the YouTube video the car shown has a roughly 50% full battery and is only charging at 42 kW (these dudes need to work on their marketing)

still, for my 2015 85D anything over 90 kW is excellent and I'd be very happy achieving same.

In the US a 1,000 mile trip is very common. For me it's a trip to LA from SF and back. We head to Disneyland, Knott's Berry Farm or Universal Studios about every 3 months. The SuperCharger network works perfectly. Our over 3K mile trip back east it was also easy to find chargers. Europe wants their way even though an established supported network that has proven durability is in place.

Tesla has made a standard and offered to share it. Unfortunately due to "future needs" and "what if's" Europe went their own way. IMHO they do not want to admit a California upstart beat them to a solution.
Good pro-Tesla attitude but untrue. The Tesla standard predated any established fast charging standard. Tesla is a full member of CharIN and all EU Superchargers are CHARIN equipped. Model 3 comes only with CCS. Nearly all EU Superchargers are equipped with both legacy Tesla and CCS conenctions. Model S and X have a retrofit available to allow them to use CCS also.

There are many threads discussing European charging complexity, and if you're really into this subject, on the Australian forum they described even more complexity. All the complexity is about AC, where many different plug types and phase combinations exist. Even in the USA there are many different AC plug types, just check out all the different types Tesla sells.

For fast charging CHAdeMO is the same worldwide, so any Tesla can use a CHAdeMO station with an adapter. That helps little on the EU where the vast majority of AC dedicated to EV use Mennekes 2, which looks just like J1772 but has different plug logic. The US plug will physically fit but usually will not work.

Generally speaking these days it is normally cheaper and far better to just buy a used Tesla in Europe than. it is to try to import a US version. Several people have imported US Tesla to Brazil and the EU, most of them haven't been happy they've done it.

Reactions: Galve2000