Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Super Charger Charging Stations Full

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It’s is just me or my area in SoCal that SuperCharging locations are always full? I waited over 30 mins twice in last few days.

I blame the model 3 owners because that’s what’s taking half the slots.

Tesla needs to build more locations stat.

It’s is just me or my area in SoCal that SuperCharging locations are always full? I waited over 30 mins twice in last few days.

Blame Model 3 Owners? Hey, they have to pay for their charging. So you don't see them using Superchargers "just because"

Don’t blame Model 3 owners. Blame Elon Musk. He wont’t mind as he is used to criticism unlike fanboy Model 3 owners.

• Disagree
Reactions: outdoors

Where are you traveling to / from? I try to avoid the urban SCs and use the rural ones as much as possible.

Reactions: Graffi
It is helpful that the main screen shows which Superchargers are full and which have empty slots.

Sometimes easy to just skip the busy ones and grab the next one within range, on your trip.

Seems the most congested areas also have the most congested Superchargers. Few congested Superchargers on the open road, except between two congested cities.

Tesla is being agressive in constantly rolling out additonal charging options in congested zones.

We were there first.... LOL!

Funny enough they two locations in Downey like 3 miles apart have space.

I just don't know why they would put two there in addition it's doesn't seem to be a high EV area.

o_O

I gather it's to attract more to the area? I go to the stonewood mall one on firestone. it's never full. It's also great having the next closest one nearby as backup. The 30 minutes you wasted waiting at the other ones, you could have topped off at the Downey ones (as long as it was along your route).

All your other locations are super high traffic. I never bother with the BP one anymore, feel like that one is abused the most.