TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC
Start a Discussionhttps://teslamotorsclub.com/tmc/tags/

Super charger @ Cyberport

Discussion in 'Hong Kong' started by YOLO, Oct 23, 2016.

Tags:
  1. YOLO

YOLO Member

Hihi, I m new to Tesla and v excited to receive the car in mid Nov.

I have place the order three months ago and since then I started to check the SC availability at Cyberport whenever I parked there for groceries, food or movie.

Unlike few months ago, in the last two weeks, there isn't vacant space whenever I passed by.

Is the SC getting much more "popular" recently?!

Cheers

2. Hobbies

Hobbies Member

3. wongsters

wongsters Member

I usually SC at Cyberport too. My experience there is quite good...maybe I am just lucky. The wait is typically less than 10 minutes for a queue of no more than 2 cars. I wouldn't wait if I am the third in line unless, of course, the battery is down to the last few percent.

I have the luxury of living nearby so it's a matter of picking somewhat odd hours to do grocery shopping or simply try my luck there on the way home. Went there yesterday at 4pm and to my surprise there were two spots available. When I return 40 minutes later, there was still available space!

4. wongsters

wongsters Member

Oh by the way, as Hobbies point out, SC while watching movie is not exactly a good etiquette. It takes about 1.5 hours to fully charge a car (unless one goes real low on battery) while a movie is easily 2 hours, if not longer, plus walking back and forth etc. That's assuming the driver comes back right after the movie. In short, a lot of wasted charging time. A valet system is suggested for SC and I totally agree with it!

5. YOLO

YOLO Member

Thanks For he feedback. I live nearby too and do grocery shopping twice a week. So should be fine and if too unlucky, I may pop up there at midnight and have a walk at the park then... not bad!