Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Falls Church, VA

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My crystal ball says this is the next Super Charger site, 7501 Leesburg Pike near (Pimmit Dr.) At Idylwood Plaza . It's just outside Tyson's, which concerns me about the Tyson's site, both pins are on the Tesla site though. V3- 8 Stalls.

Jason's subs, Starbucks and Whole Foods are near by. The pictures came from a friend who didn't know how to show the trench line. So we get to look at Dirt pile. ;)
IMG_2824.JPG
IMG_2825.JPG

IMG_2829.JPG

Maybe not Tesla. Could be EVgo.

There's a permit (#193080309) issued for an EV charging station here but it doesn't specify Tesla.

The contractor has done several EVgo sites in Fairfax Co. recently as well as the Reston Supercharger. Hoping it's a Supercharger but looking for confirmation.

Last edited:
EV Installations | Leading-Edge Services, Inc.

These are the same guys who did Farmville. They also do Electrify America installs, but nothing is planned for them. Generally, outside California, EVGo doesn’t go above 4 stalls. Again, I think the chances are high on this being another Supercharger.

There’s also the first applicant, who built the Haymarket and Leesburg Superchargers, with no EVGo or Electrify chargers on record

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Informative
Reactions: Tdreamer
I stopped by the site this morning to get some shots and check it out. Has that typical Tesla L shape. Power source follows further back. 9 parking spots have excavation behind them. No trailer space charger yet, but there are islands on both ends. Someone is going to replace some curb though. I forgot to mention one good restaurant located here is the Idylwood Grill and wine bar. Note the three phase right over head.

5C59C52A-1433-4B1F-8D8B-BC7CA1E06945.jpeg
CF5C0DB0-689C-4317-BBB1-9F097CAC00DE.jpeg

Last edited:
This is a great location. If Pimmit Hills and Vienna both have Superchargers, I think the Tysons area is pretty well-covered for the near future. It would still be nice to see something at Tysons Corner Center, but it seems like the mall isn't particularly cooperative with regard to EV charging ... not even a single L2 (aside from Tesla destination charging) on the property at this point.

Falls Church, VA

Along Primary Interstates: I-66
Along US Numbered Highways (<=5mi): US-50
Along Auxiliary Interstates: I-495
Along State Routes: VA-7

I-66

To: End (US29 in Washington, DC) - 10.3 miles
Diversion: 1.8 miles

More Supercharger construction in the DC area.

Reactions: Big Earl
Wow, we were at that shopping center ALL THE TIME before the pandemic hit. Getting in & out (mostly out) can be tricky when it's busy, and the whole area can be a bit of a nightmare during non-pandemic rush hours. Lots of Teslas in the area, and Falls Church & Tysons have lots of high-density housing that might not support home charging, so there's a decent chance we'll see it full during peak times.

But... within that lot, that's a great location for superchargers -- about as far from Whole Foods as you can get. Overall a very good location -- as noted, reasonably close to I-66 and I-495, with plenty to do while charging.

I don't know how close others are to this location, but feel free to ping me to request updated photos, I'm 5-10 minutes away. It'll give me an excuse to drive my car!