Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Super Charger very weak.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Yesterday, three drivers, including me experienced very low charge rates at a super station. We were all spaced at least two chargers apart and had 35kw, 18kw and 40kw respectively. One of the other drivers said he had experienced the same low charge rate across town (Columbus Ohio).
What gives?

brjr, there's another subforum within this one called, "Model 3: Battery & Charging" which has an exhaustive number of stickied & not-stickied threads discussing this very topic. I suggest reading anything that mentions charging in winter. There's plenty of tips in them regarding how to consistently get higher charging speeds when it's cold.

Yesterday, three drivers, including me experienced very low charge rates at a super station. We were all spaced at least two chargers apart and had 35kw, 18kw and 40kw respectively. One of the other drivers said he had experienced the same low charge rate across town (Columbus Ohio).
What gives?
Did you check to see if you were on paired Superchargers? If so, you would've been using shared equipment, greatly slowing down the charge rate. On v2 Superchargers, try to use a Supercharger number which is not currently in use. For example, if someone is charging on 1A, don't charge on 1B if you can avoid it. You need to pay attention to the actual numbers since sometimes the chargers are arranged 1A, 1B, 2A, 2B, 3A, 3B. Other times, they are 1A, 2A, 3A, 1B, 2B, 3B or something totally different.

For v3 Superchargers (up to 250 kW), you don't need to be concerned about getting a paired Supercharger.

• Helpful
Reactions: Rocky_H
All cars were posted at least two spaces apart. Hmmm. Worried about this. Is Tesla throttling back power due to fires?
No. Most likely you were on paired Superchargers, your batteries were cold or they were at too high states of charge.

Try reading up on Supercharging tips or watching some videos about ways to charge the fastest at Superchargers