Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Super chargers worth visiting

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have heard darts farm is pretty nice and lots of nice food and restaurant. Bluewater and Westfield if you want to shop a bit whilst charging. Otherwise most are near hotels or areas with amenities which is nice

Some to avoid too, perhaps?

Generally I am now avoiding sites with few stalls - just-in-case busy. More chance of getting an unpaired stall at a larger site, let alone being blocked because it is full.

Time from turn-off main road, to return back onto it, can be a consideration too.

Also the ability to get access to motorway services from a (restricted) access road, such as Woodall. Last time I was at Newport Pagnell (Southbound only) the barrier was down (I was travelling South anyway)

I visit Hopwood (M42) regularly. Good selection of food etc at the services, but overpriced as usual. 16 stalls and the most I've seen in use is 9. You also tend to get quite a bit of interest to the car from non Tesla owners asking where the engine is etc :rolleyes:

Also Charnock Richard. A bit awkward to find when you first go and once again rarely more than 4 of the 8 stalls in use. Services are basic, but it's a five+ minute walk to the service area (and can be a bit hairy as you have to cross a muddy area and the slip road) and by the time you've used the WC etc and returned to the SC your close to ready to leave anyway.