TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Super fast charging rate - 433 mph

Discussion in 'Model 3' started by Merle Corey, Jul 1, 2018.

1. Merle Corey

Merle Corey Member

Was at the Harrisburg, PA supercharger just now (3A) and experienced a very fast charge rate. Only second time supercharging my 3, but this is the fastest by far. What’s the fastest others have experienced?

Attached Files:

2. P85_DA

P85_DA Supporting Member

I get 116-120kw in the X and S

3. EVSteve

EVSteve 110% Solar Powered

At 50% state of charge? Pretty good. I'm curious if that number would be higher if your 3 were down lower. At 28% I was pulling 113kW gaining 473 miles per hour.

4. SageBrush

SageBrush 2018: Drain the Sewer

117 kW.
    The rate tapers when SoC > 50% or so.

• Helpful x 1
    • Like x 1
  5. ucmndd

ucmndd Member

The miles/hr rate is an average over the entire charging session. It will start out high and isn’t really a good indicator.

Watch the kW number. That’s instantaneous and will give you a better idea of how quickly you’re charging.

• Informative x 2
    • Like x 1
  6. killertofu

killertofu Member

I’ve gotten 119kw at the Truckee supercharger. I think it hit 490 miles per hour at one point on my screen

7. Randy Spencer

Randy Spencer Member

#7 Randy Spencer, Jul 1, 2018
    Last edited: Jul 1, 2018
    Still reaching for the mythical 500 MPH

Image-1-1.png

I think this was at the Supercharger just south of Fort Collins, sadly I deleted the original

-Randy

• Like x 1
  8. dgpcolorado

dgpcolorado high altitude member

I'm envious! I get about 77 kW in my S60 when it is at 10% or so and it tapers rapidly downward from there. Nevertheless, after 199 Supercharging sessions on road trips, it works well enough.

• Like x 1
  9. ewoodrick

ewoodrick Member

I'm pretty sure that when I was down to about 10%, I saw over 500 for a few minutes as the charging began.