Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Super Heavy/Starship at KSC, Florida - General Development Discussion

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
To back up a bit, here is a 3 month old video with an overview of the SpaceX Rocket Road facility in Florida. At that time the Stage Zero tower had been topped out but new tower components had been spotted in the construction and staging yard. Two towers in Florida! There are various locations where the next tower could be built but so far no foundations have been spotted.

Next to the new Stage Zero tower at 39A that is about to have its chopsticks arms installed, there is an enormous LOX tank under construction. Quite a contract to the multiple much smaller LOX tanks at Boca Chica. I assume the multiple horizontal tanks next to it are for CH4.

E06E151A-A514-449F-B233-62EAD9A1A892.jpeg

• Informative
Reactions: scaesare
I find it interesting they're moving forward with tower/chopstick infrastructure while they haven't even proven out the "booster catch" they expect the chopsticks to do... Perhaps they are useful enough for stacking operations that even if they were to have to significantly modify the chopstick design for catching, or even abandon it all together and go back to landing legs, that it's worthwhile to install them to eliminate the need for cranes.

Quite a contract to the multiple much smaller LOX tanks at Boca Chica
Sorry, that should be “Quite a contrast…”
I find it interesting they're moving forward with tower/chopstick infrastructure while they haven't even proven out the "booster catch"
It’s a real gamble for SpaceX to allocate resources to build a second Stage Zero when the first Stage Zero has yet to prove that it will work, not just to land the SH and Starship but even to launch the full stack.

Reactions: scaesare