Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Super horn

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Carl W

2008, #311 thunder gray 1.5
Oct 18, 2016
laguna beach, ca
I've had 2 different people in big SUV's try to back into my car in the past several weeks and I wish for a super loud horn in order to warn them to stop. Clearly, they simply can't see me being that the Roadster is so low to the ground. After a quick look under the hood, I don't see my horn. Anyone know where it is, and if it would be easy enough to replace with something louder?

Reactions: RobsJester
Compared to my wife's 2015 Honda Civic, I feel the 1.5 horn isn't so bad
The horn on my 1.5 doesn't seem unusually quiet (even if it is quieter than 2.0 and above roadsters), but I recently had an SUV in front of me, and while we were both stopped, he suddenly went into reverse (I saw his reverse lights go on) and I immediately started honking my horn, but he just kept going until he lightly bumped into me. I think if my horn was over-the-top loud, then he would have hit his brakes. Then I had yet another SUV do almost the same thing to me even more recently. What's with these SUV drivers just randomly backing up? Maybe I'll try the air horn idea. It also humors me to think of this little car blasting a horn sound. I need to look into the relay switch (as suggested by Mainecoon), though having a 1.5 means no separate 12v battery. Of course I want the horn to honk using the steering wheel buttons. I don't want to blow a fuse if I do this...

I need to look into the relay switch (as suggested by Mainecoon), though having a 1.5 means no separate 12v battery. Of course I want the horn to honk using the steering wheel buttons. I don't want to blow a fuse if I do this..

It should work fine. I have another car, it's small and has a super loud air horn. People crap their pants when they hear it. They can't imagine a small car with such a loud horn.