TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC
Start a Discussionhttps://teslamotorsclub.com/tmc/tags/

Super Serious Model 3 Worries

Discussion in 'Model 3' started by sooner, Oct 10, 2017.

Tags:
  1. sooner

sooner Member

Exhaustive thought output has created the following list of super serious worries.

1. I am extremely worried that since there is no loud hum from the engine my baby will no longer fall asleep when I drive home every night.

2. I neither smoke nor play the lottery, but when I get the car and I no longer need gas station trips, I lose the only convienent time to purchase them.

3. My Kroger (American grocery chain) fuel points will soon go to waste. Like leaving money on the table.

4. In the winter, my windows will remain covered in salty residue because I no longer have access to a squedee and sponge available whenever I fuel up.

5. Getting a Polar Pop is something that I now have to make a special trip for. (Polar Pop is a 52 oz soda from Circle K convience store)

6. After a day spent in cold work air conditioning I will no longer be able to expect my car to be 140 degrees in the cabin to warm me up and so I must suffer through comfortable temperatures.

7. In the possible list of suicides that I have at my disposal, death by fumes in my garage is no longer an option.

8. I am now worried that when I lock my keys in my car, that I will also not be able to call for help.

Disclaimer: These are for fun and not actual worries. This forum feels super negative since the delay has sunk in.

Please add your own worries! Tried to style them after Stephen Colbert's confessionals / Chuck Norris facts.

• Funny x 36
    • Like x 1
  2. oritomov

oritomov Member

I don't know about you, but in my corner of the world I could check tires air pressure on any gas station. Now on I will drive with flat tires all the time.

• Funny x 6
    • Like x 1
  3. T34ME

T34ME Active Member

- Since it's an EV, my wife will be able to hear me snore while I am at the wheel
    - Since it's an EV, I will be able to actually hear my wife talk about her new purse
    - I will miss the irritating static on the AM/FM radio when my wife starts talking about her new purse
    - I can no longer use the excuse, "I need to go fill up the car with gas" when my wife starts talking about her new purse
    - Since we won't be buying gas, my wife will go out and buy ANOTHER new purse

Now that I think about it, the model 3 is going to be a "death trap" for me. I'm cancelling my order!

• Funny x 15
    • Like x 1
    • Love x 1
  4. Trips

Trips Member

Don't worry, I expect the fuel rewards to be converted to Supercharge credits. I do have a lot of the above worries and a few more.

1. Not using my credit card in a fuel pump what is going to happen to all the criminals that live off skimming cards?

2. On a similar note what is going to happen to all the jobs at chop shops and car thieves since you can easily track your car?

3. I might starve not being able to easily eat gas station pizza.

4. With Tesla being able to fix many issues in my works parking lot, what excuse will I have to take an afternoon off?

5. I am going to get stuck driving when going out with friends.

6. My car will have the same troubles as my girlfriend getting ready. What to wear, aero covers or not?

7. If I rob a bank and the police helicopter is chasing me they will be able to see inside my car because of the glass roof.

• Funny x 8
    • Like x 1
  5. Mishakim

Mishakim Member

I know you're joking, but I really do find that my windows get dirtier in the Leaf because I never stop somewhere with ready-to-use window cleaning tools (and now that Mass has allowed pumps that stay on unattended, I'd even be able to use them while filling!). I also do see my grocery fuel points gong to waste, unless I remember to take my wife's car shopping

• Like x 1
  6. sooner

sooner Member

As a resident of Northwest Ohio, that is probably the only true concern I have in the above list. Will probably have to buy a squeegee and bucket for at home. In a previous car, my windows were so covered in salt residue between fill ups that I thought my windows were frosted... and started the car early on to defrost them.

• Funny x 1
  7. igotzzoom

igotzzoom Supporting Member

#firstworldproblems. :cool:

• Like x 1
  8. Carl

Carl Supporting Member

@sooner listed more or less all existential concerns, except the most important one :

9. Given that my significant other will be able to trace my car, what happens when I say "honey, I have to work overtime tonight" and she sees my car parked at a soccer stadium, a disco or a bar? How I am supposed to have fun with friends from time to time? And having a mistress certainly won't work!! Of course one could try to use a different password for the Tesla app than any other of the apps one uses, but that will arouse even more suspicion... :):p:D

• Like x 2
    • Funny x 2
  9. ProphetM

ProphetM Member

I will have to reorganize my tool box, and figure out what to do with my oil filter and spark plug sockets, not to mention the drain pan and funnels, extra bits of hose, spare ATF and 10w-30. Looks like I'll have to rearrange half the garage, sheesh.

No more showing off my cuts and scrapes from working in difficult-to-reach places in an engine compartment.

Naming the cat PRNDL will no longer make any sense.

I'll lose touch with my favorite smog check guy.

• Like x 3
  10. dsvick

dsvick Active Member

On a similar note, I will no longer have an excuse to stop for coffee in the morning twice a week, which means that I will no longer be able to take extra of the little creamer thingies in order to have enough to get me through the week at work where there are no little creamer thingies.

• Funny x 3
    • Like x 1
  11. Randy Spencer

Randy Spencer Member

I do wash my car at home so I already have a squeegee, but I am curious about road tripping, do the superchargers have squeegees out like at a gas station? That would be quite the oversight if not.

I know they are talking about putting convenience stores in at supercharger stations but as long as we have to wait to charge I expect I will be going for a walk or even a scoot

I will no longer want the speed those stores provide. I may even have time to hit up a Sizzler!

-Randy

12. ProphetM

ProphetM Member

Not so much an oversight as, how do you put water in the container with no water faucet there, and how do you keep them from getting swiped when no one is watching?

13. erthquake

erthquake Member

I say we do the gas-hole equivalent: block a gas pump and clean your windows...slowly.

• Like x 2
    • Funny x 2
  14. SunCatcher

SunCatcher Member

I'm really going to miss cleaning the grease off my hands. :rolleyes:

[​IMG]

15. TEG

TEG TMC Moderator

#15 TEG, Oct 10, 2017
    Last edited: Oct 10, 2017
    I used to get a free car wash with fill up at the gas station. With an EV, I won't get that anymore. Is that a deal breaker?

( Well to be honest, I bought a Leaf years ago and started paying to use the gas station car wash, so there's you answer. It still saves a lot of money compared to buying the gas to get the car wash. )

• Like x 1
  16. AlanSqB

AlanSqB Dog Chauffeur

I drive a leaf now so my list of concerts is slightly different:

1. How will I get that thrill of finally reaching the CHAdeMO station when I’ve been on - - - for several miles?

2. What will I do with the battery powered electric blanket, battery powered electric gloves and battery powered electric socks I bought so I could commute to the next city in the winter?

3. Without the “wierdmobile” acting as a repellant, how will I keep all the ladies away? What will my wife think?

4. In the Model 3, i will have to make sure I’m almost empty when demonstrating the car to friends so they don’t miss the experience or the trill mentioned in #1.

• Funny x 4
    • Like x 1
  17. Ugliest1

Ugliest1 S85: "Sparky"

I’ve been to about 50 superchargers in Western Canada, down to California, and on the original east coast route, and the only bucket/squeegee that I saw was/is at Centralia WA, where the owner of the lot apparently (according to some post on TMC) keeps the thing maintained.

18. Owner

Owner Active Member

I've been to over 100 superchargers, and yes as Ugliest1 said, the only one I have seen with squeegees also is the Centralia WA one, where the lot is next to a gas station that likely just services them.

Keeping the windshield clean can be a bit of an unexpected "issue" on longer trips but not a big deal.

19. Runt8

Runt8 Member

Being mobbed by crazy peopleTMC members taking pictures everywhere I go.

• Funny x 2
  20. dgpcolorado

dgpcolorado high altitude member

Your "serious" concerns are well placed:

3. I've been losing fuel points at Kroger and Safeway for years. After awhile you learn to just ignore the promotions. I'm waiting for the day when they offer DCFC points instead!

4. After an early road trip I learned about windshield bugs and no gas station cleaning stops. I've been carrying a bucket and squeegee in my trunk ever since. I also carry water on road trips, although I can and have filled my bucket in a rest room sink... in a fancy hotel... :)